Customer Service 866.965.0400

Worst... advice... EVER!

Team Adam's

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's trying to find those 10 threads you requested :lolsmack:

:lolsmack::lolsmack:

I think it's over. Good thread though. Some people will make some decisions behind it, that's for sure. I'm still surprised none of his Zaino buddies didn't jump in. Talk about abandoned! :D

Funny thing about that is people are really trying to find good products to use on the new Camaro's. All they heard over there was mainly Zaino, just like me, so that is what I tried, so it was swirl city and it seemed gummy to me, probably from improper use. Thats why I am here, after AJ posted his videos on Camaro 5, not only did I understand how to fix the swirls, but the reason they got there in the first place.

Well now they have two choices, well really alot more but 1 good choice and alot no so good choices. I guess it's all in what you want.

I can say this much. I have spent 30 hours, so far, on my daily driver truck. I figure I have 8 hours left to finish it, it was in bad shape, but I can see a great difference. It is not that Adam's stuff is hard to use, it's really easy, well except claying, it sucks, but mine was in bad shape that it is taking extra time. When I am finished I will post my experience.

Back to the thread topic, I had some folks (not just one, multiple) tell me that a good product to use on their leather seats was Lemon Pledge! One guy went as far to say it was good for your paint too but another chimed in and said it looked good but attracted a lot of dust!

Lemon Pledge on leather and clear coat. :willy:

Back to the thread topic, I had some folks (not just one, multiple) tell me that a good product to use on their leather seats was Lemon Pledge! One guy went as far to say it was good for your paint too but another chimed in and said it looked good but attracted a lot of dust!

Lemon Pledge on leather and clear coat. :willy:

Sounds just as good as the guy who recently told me on another forum that he used windex to clean his car... not the windows... the WHOLE CAR :help:

The pledge story is being passed around by motorcyclist, especially cruisers that have windshields. Alot of Goldwings do this to make it easy to remove bugs.

So now it's for glass too? Why not RainX or equivalent? It ain't like a motorcycle has a whole lot of windshield! Spend that much money on a bike and then put Pledge on the windshield! :willy:

So now it's for glass too? Why not RainX or equivalent? It ain't like a motorcycle has a whole lot of windshield! Spend that much money on a bike and then put Pledge on the windshield! :willy:

I didn't say it was good advice :jester:, but trust me Goldwing owners swear by it

There are a tonne of "experts" out there that are lucky that things like breathing and beating of the heart are autonomic functions.

One of my favourites goes back to the early days of DVD players, when they were around $1000. Had the expert tell me the difference between the Toshiba and the Panasonic was that the Toshiba was in the box............ I had to ask him if it was really a $200 cardboard box. :bravo:

And Stephen, I could not have said it better about issue of quality. Some folks will just never get it. Things like Ladas were cheap for a reason! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago I had a friend who owned a white Mercury Cougar. After he washed his car and dried it he would then wipe BLEACH all over the car. He said that the bleach protected the finish. After many arguments we agreed to disagree. Later when he was selling the car I told him he should advertise the color of the car as yellow, not white. He didn't like that and we haven't spoken since. Some people are so set in their ways that no matter what you tell them or show them they will still do things the way they want to.:willy:

I know a guy who loves to put Pledge on his head/tail lights because he thinks it makes them shiny. One day I seem Pledge-ing the whole car. I ask what he is doing ?!? He tells me in the process of doing his lights he accidently sprayed some on the paint and it looked so good he does the whole car now after he comes home from the local car wash.

I hope what they say about ignorance and bliss is true for his sake.

Hey Dylan, I think I should post this one in here, haha:

listen you have a black car .....VERY DANGEROUS .....to go about using a da on it ..without first having experience ...you can damage your clear coat badly...and make more swirls if not done perfectly......i personally learned how to use it after several yrs of practice on older cars....and still won't even touch my PBM just cuz of all the work and carefulness involved ....i take it to a serious pro...not just anyone...oh btw best way to remove swirl marks is lite color sanding

Archived