Customer Service 866.965.0400

Worst... advice... EVER!

Team Adam's

I'm sure we all hear it from time to time, post up some of the worst advice you've heard, detailing related or not.

This thread was inspired by a recent post on another forum I frequent:

So i ran into a guy the other day that restores cars for a living. He told me that I should not use Wax on my truck I should only use polish.

He said that wax will get way to hot here in the Arizona sun, and can actually cause the paint to bake especially on a black truck.

He said that polish actually has air bubbles in it whish will keep the paint from getting as hot.

Is this guy just blowing smoke out his *** or is there truth in it?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I bought my Camaro the salesman at the dealership told me I should wax my car with Meguiars scratch X 2.0 on a bi-monthly basis to keep it protected and shiny..

So I can be completely out of clear coat in 2 years. I'm sure those "micro abrasives" really protect the finish well. lol

Its no wonder some people's paint looks so bad..

I have a friend who " I spray my car with the hose every morning and hit it with the shammy and never need to wash"

ya just grind any dirt into your paint daily:help: btw his paint is jacked up and wants me to fix it now for FREE. That's not gonna happen.

Screw that, play C.O.D. instead - Mr. Pork Sord lol

From a Ford Dealership detail bay "It is ok to use that (nasty) dirty wash broom on the new cars being prepped for delivery" I almost fainted and then proceeded to show him the damage he was doing to every new car that was sold

Screw that, play C.O.D. instead - Mr. Pork Sord lol

I've played 3-4 matches with you. I predominatly play H/C teamDM

now on topic. I get some BAD advice alot from people with screwed up paint. A fav would be " why would I spend 15$ on 2 towels when 10$ gets me like 20 from costco".

I feel we live in a " wal-mart world" and if it ain't cheap people don't want it.

When I picked up my new Volvo, the salesman told me not to wax the car for the first year, so the paint could cure. :willy:

I wanted to tell him the paint was cured before it left the factory but decided to let him continue to think he is all knowing.

Real Estate Related:

"An interest only loan is a great way to free up money for other investments, the market is stable and theres no reason to think that its going to go south anytime soon. Why pay down principle when the value of your home is only going to increase?"

That one was courtesy of a real estate agent locally here who was trying to convince me to refi to an interest only or negative amortization loan about 2 years ago LOL. Last I heard he was out of business.

Real Estate Related:

"An interest only loan is a great way to free up money for other investments, the market is stable and theres no reason to think that its going to go south anytime soon. Why pay down principle when the value of your home is only going to increase?"

That one was courtesy of a real estate agent locally here who was trying to convince me to refi to an interest only or negative amortization loan about 2 years ago LOL. Last I heard he was out of business.

That is some bad advice. I would never take that kind of risk.

I have a 1993 Infiniti Q45 and this car is a detailer nightmare because the paint is not at its best. And I say that because I am a perfectionist when it comes to this car and this car alone. The paint on this car was the best for its time (lasts 10 years without wax when new).

Just found this on another forum. 10 years without wax? Great Idea! :willy:

Archived