Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much cut does SHR have?

BumbleBeeGTO

Question

10 answers to this question

<IFRAME id=_atssh31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; Z-INDEX: 100000; LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 1px" name=_atssh31 src="//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/sh14.html#ab=-&dh=www.adamsforums.com&dr=&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adamsforums.com%2Fforums%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D6148&dt=&inst=1&lng=en-us&pc=men&pub=scott111&sid=4bb54cee97683bfb&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srx=0.073&ver=200&xck=0&rev=75168" width=1 height=1 frameborder="0"></IFRAME>

Not sure how it would compare to the others?

97.jpg

spacer.gif

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var addthis_pub="scott111";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/200/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<!--StartFragment-->Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

Gently massage swirl marks, oxidation, fine blemishes and hazy paint back to gleaming perfection with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish. It's your dual-action car polisher's new best friend!<O:P></O:P>

Those stubborn swirl marks! You can polish and polish and still they don't seem to go away.<O:P></O:P>

Adam's has the cure, it's Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish. When used with Adam's Swirl Killer Foam Pad (orange), you've got a swirl, haze, and fine scratch removal solution that can't be beat. Guaranteed!<O:P></O:P>

Unlike traditional over the counter car polishes, Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish uses premium alumina abrasives that are finer and work longer. The result is a car polish that gently massages swirl marks away, rather than abrasively cutting them away andleaving a dulled finish.<O:P></O:P>

Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover CarPolishis formulated for use with professional grade dual-action car polishers, like the Porter Cable 7424. Dual-action car polishers operate at very highspeeds (up to 6,000 oscillations per minute), but the pad throw is very short.This requires the polish to be formulated with superior lubrication so the product can be worked longer without drying out or scouring your car's paint.<O:P></O:P>

Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish is forgiving enough for a novice, yet it creates crystal clear paint finish that will please even the most seasoned professionals. Find out just how easyswirl removal and a high gloss finish can be with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish. For the ultimate show car finish follow Swirl & Haze Remover with Adam's Fine Machine Polish, and take your paint gloss to a whole new level. Guaranteed!<O:P></O:P>

<!--EndFragment-->

Not a lot, and not near the level of M105 or SIP... the cutting power is more in the pads than it is in the product. SHR has the abrasive level roughly equivalent of toothpaste so its not a heavy abrasive.

Awesome! Now I know what to use when I run out in the bathroom! I love the smells of the adams products. Let's see how they taste :thumbsup:

I have a noob question since I am just starting out my car polishing "career" with a PC and I'm struggling to take swirls out of my 2 cars. I have a white 07 altima and a black 08 civic. Both finishes are well taken care of and in good shape besides some light swirling. Of course the swirls are much more noticeable on the black car.

I'm using an orange pad, PC speed 5, and have tried 2 OTC products so far: Mothers Power Polish and Megs SwirlX. I have watched a lot of video and I'm sure my technique is decent for a beginner, but the swirls are not coming out. Some came out of the black car with the SwirlX, but I feel like I would have to make about 27 passes to get the majority. I am positive I am moving the PC slow enough across the paint, and I am working the polishes until they are broken down.

So, my question is - What is the problem? Is there something I am missing, or are the products I'm using just turds? They are both rated fairly well on various websites, and I'm sure my finishes aren't in horrible shape. I have a bottle of SHR on the way which I am hoping will solve my problems, but am worried since reading it has the cutting power of Crest Whitecare:D. I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had the same issues with OTC products, or to give me some peace of mind that the right product will do the job.

Also would really like to thank all of the experts in the car enthusiast community for sharing their knowledge with beginners like myself. It's nice to know that you can ask some dumb questions and someone isn't going to be a huge arrogant jerk to you.

By the way, would someone please drive to my house and punch me right in the face for buying a black car AND a white car. I got the best(worst) of both paint care worlds. I should have forced the wife to buy a gold car or something instead of white.

I have a noob question since I am just starting out my car polishing "career" with a PC and I'm struggling to take swirls out of my 2 cars. I have a white 07 altima and a black 08 civic. Both finishes are well taken care of and in good shape besides some light swirling. Of course the swirls are much more noticeable on the black car.

I'm using an orange pad, PC speed 5, and have tried 2 OTC products so far: Mothers Power Polish and Megs SwirlX. I have watched a lot of video and I'm sure my technique is decent for a beginner, but the swirls are not coming out. Some came out of the black car with the SwirlX, but I feel like I would have to make about 27 passes to get the majority. I am positive I am moving the PC slow enough across the paint, and I am working the polishes until they are broken down.

So, my question is - What is the problem? Is there something I am missing, or are the products I'm using just turds? They are both rated fairly well on various websites, and I'm sure my finishes aren't in horrible shape. I have a bottle of SHR on the way which I am hoping will solve my problems, but am worried since reading it has the cutting power of Crest Whitecare:D. I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had the same issues with OTC products, or to give me some peace of mind that the right product will do the job.

Also would really like to thank all of the experts in the car enthusiast community for sharing their knowledge with beginners like myself. It's nice to know that you can ask some dumb questions and someone isn't going to be a huge arrogant jerk to you.

By the way, would someone please drive to my house and punch me right in the face for buying a black car AND a white car. I got the best(worst) of both paint care worlds. I should have forced the wife to buy a gold car or something instead of white.

Hey, welcome to AF. I'm not an expert by any means, and I don't have experience with those particular products that you mentioned, but I can assure you that some people will be jumping in with some solid advice soon. The specific ADAM's product that you'll likely want to start with is SHR (Swirl & Haze Remover), it's great for beginners and casual guys to start with -- using SHR and a PC it's nearly impossible to do damage (short of swinging the PC at your car and actually smashing it :lol:)

You'll find that getting the right technique will take a little practice, but you WILL get there. Every car is different in condition and harness of finish, so what works on one car might be too much or not enough for another.

Check out some of the Adam's videos or the Junkman's video series and you'll be off to a great start.

Again, welcome to AF. :cheers:

Rich

Like others have said, SHR doesn't have much cut, but it is the pad you use it with that will determine what you can remove. I have found it has similar cut to 3M Perfect-It Swirlremover (#39009), but is easier and quicker to work with. I still have 3 bottles of the 3M stuff that will most likely just be thrown away. :)

Archived