Which 'Hex Grip' Do You Prefer?

Vote for your favorite hex grip wax app  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite hex grip wax app

• Original Americana: light blue back/red face
    • Version 2: black backing/red face
    • No preference
    • I haven't used either of them

Simple question, just trying to gauge the feeling of our customers...

Original Americana Hex Grip - softer/squishier light blue foam backing.

Version 2 Hex Grip - More dense/harder black foam backing.

Please post your reasons why you prefer one over the other if you do.

I like the black firm foam a lot better than the softer blue foam.

Any particular reason?

Personally I like the texture of the blue better... feels nice in your hand, but I like the stiffness of the black.

If I had to pick one I'd lean towards black just because it feels better/more comfortable if you're using it for awhile.

I agree the blue feels better on the hand, but the black gives me more control of the applicator because of the foam's density. I also feel like the black gives me a more even application because the blue applicator is too easy to crush in my hand so the red foam ends up uneven on the paint.

black gives me more control of the applicator because of the foam's density. I also feel like the black gives me a more even application because the blue applicator is too easy to crush in my hand so the red foam ends up uneven on the paint.

I agree. Also the black & red applicator feels more substantial in my hand. I think the whole idea behind the Hex-Grip applicators is simply brilliant. I always add a couple of each to my orders. I didn't get a chance to hoard any In & Out spray. But if the Hex-Grip applicators ever go away, I'll be set.

I agree. Also the black & red applicator feels more substantial in my hand. I think the whole idea behind the Hex-Grip applicators is simply brilliant. I always add a couple of each to my orders. I didn't get a chance to hoard any In & Out spray. But if the Hex-Grip applicators ever go away, I'll be set.

I don't think they are going anywhere for a while.. Until the next best applicator hits the market. ( I have two sets myself though ).. I just love these applicators. :2thumbs:

I have used the red for Buttery and the Blue/Red one for Americana. Honestly I thought the one with Americana was provided for a reason. I do prefer the slightly firmer foam in the red one (with buttery) but don't see myself switching from the 'americana' hex pad when using the Americana, at least for now. The blue/red is reserved ONLY for Americana.

I was wondering if the red foam on both of them is the same stuff or not.

I have used the red for Buttery and the Blue/Red one for Americana. Honestly I thought the one with Americana was provided for a reason. I do prefer the slightly firmer foam in the red one (with buttery) but don't see myself switching from the 'americana' hex pad when using the Americana, at least for now. The blue/red is reserved ONLY for Americana.

I was wondering if the red foam on both of them is the same stuff or not.

I'm 99% sure the red foam is the same on both applicators.

Going to have to get a couple Red hex pads and try it with the Americana. I think the extra firmness and rigidity of the pad surface will help with spreading out the Americana. Give me a good excuse to throw on another coat of wax!

I agree the blue feels better on the hand, but the black gives me more control of the applicator because of the foam's density. I also feel like the black gives me a more even application because the blue applicator is too easy to crush in my hand so the red foam ends up uneven on the paint.

:iagree: i two have to go with the black hex-grip.:2thumbs:

Exactly what I was gonna say

I like them both. :2thumbs: Which one is the better deal for Adam?

Not so much about the 'deal' as it is about eliminating items that don't really fill a need. If everyone prefers the black ones then there seems to be not much point to the blue ones sticking around. Simplifies inventory and other things.

The one redeeming quality of the blue (besides the soft feel) is that it compresses easier into the tub and returns to form much faster than the black.

Not sure that really benefits anyone. This is really just a feeler, and it comfirms the feedback we got from customers who came by the warehouse while I was there... blues are nice, but the blacks are better.

Me personally, I have only had the blue one that came with the Americana, but I think I would like it better because it seems to make the contours easier to apply wax to, but like I said this is my first time using products like this and they are all great.

Me personally, I have only had the blue one that came with the Americana, but I think I would like it better because it seems to make the contours easier to apply wax to, but like I said this is my first time using products like this and they are all great.

:rockon:

I haven't used the black one yet but I have held it in my hands -- and I get the feeling I'm going to like it better. :cheers:

By the way, am I the only one that thinks half of the posts in this thread should be followed by "That's what she said!"? :lol:

Archived