Customer Service 866.965.0400

FMP and Blue Hex Pad?

GLBL WMR

Question

Has anybody used this combo? About a month ago I did a full detail with clay the PC, FMP, and MSW. Since my car is black, I think I have found the FMP on the PC to be too aggressive because it leaves those little "micro-knicks" that are only visible in direct sunlight, much like SHR, but to a lesser extent. I then tried the FMP on the blue hex pad, and the results were pretty good - has anybody else tried the FMP without the PC?

4 answers to this question

Yeap, I use the FMP with the revive hand pad as well. I use it for those little spot areas that need to be worked, but are just a bit too tight for the 4" buffing pads. I've been very happy with the blue hex & FMP combo... It will take you years to polish a whole car, but it works great for the quick little spot.

Yeap, I use the FMP with the revive hand pad as well. I use it for those little spot areas that need to be worked, but are just a bit too tight for the 4" buffing pads. I've been very happy with the blue hex & FMP combo... It will take you years to polish a whole car, but it works great for the quick little spot.

In terms of time, I really don't think it would take considerably longer to do the whole car this way.. the one panel I did went pretty quickly and I was happy with the results. Maybe I just prefer hand application to the PC..

No pics unfortunately, and I'm looking at a few days of rain...

Archived