Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dying To Detail

8rad

Question

No prob, You guys hooked me up for the delay so I can't complain.

Tracking says the shipment should be here Thursday :)

I cannot wait to detail my car, I love doing it so much lol. I'm pumped to use the pc!

Also been reading over this forum and everyone else loves detailing just as much as me lol, People think I'm crazy cuz I detail so much.

I feel having a really clean and shiny car is best modification you can do to a vehicle.

Ok remember that correcting paint takes time... A lot of time. So be patient and remember that the Adam's products WILL do the job and an amazing one at that.

Chris

You should be working with the PC on a setting of 5 with 9-14 pounds of pressure. Trying to remove scratches with the speed set any lower is worthless. The PC is not doing anything at those speeds. If you go too high, you will work the polish too fast. That is worthless too. Keep the polisher at the settings I stated above. That will yield you the best results. :thumbsup:

I did try at 5000, I tried lower also because I watched your slow cut video hoping it would correct the paint issue I`m having.

All the big swirls are out of the paint. I'm left with very very very small swirls caused by the pc. I need to get really close to even see them, it makes the paint almost cloudy.

I tried shr at 4&5 with 2 passes on the hood using a orange pad (each pass incl up and down), nothing happened really during the that attempt. Then I tried a yellow pad at 4&5 with 2 passes and it did a little bit. I then tried the slow cut with SHR at 2000 with a yellow pad and achived ok results. Went back with a orange and did 3 more passes at 4-5. Moved up to a white with FMP at 4-5 with 2 passes to see if would remove the very small new swirls I see but no luck, went back to a orange with shr at 5 with one pass, then back to white pad at 5 with 1 pass, I had no luck so I gave up and just waxed it.

I also put a line on the backing plate so I can see if I`m applying the right pressure.

My kit came yesterday and I sorta love it lol. Order was missing claybar, upholstery cleaner and hex pads but I emailed Ashley. Lucky I have some claybar or I wouldn't been able to detail.

I started detailing my car but didn't finish.

Took some of the swirleys out of my hood with the yellow pad using SHR at different opms 2000/5000, the orange pad seemed to do nothing.

I'm having a really hard time getting the light scratches out of paint, I must of did 15 passes on my hood at different speeds and focused on certain areas to get the light scratches out but no luck. I haven't used the FMP on the hood yet, I'm going to try to get the fine scratches out today with FMP and a white pad or orange.

Ive watched all the junkman videos and his techniques so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Also been reading detailing forums for 4 years.

The glass polish smells like its just rubbing alcohol. It going to rain all week so I will put it to the test.

Attached a pic of my hood, cant see the light scratches cus its just a cellphone cam. my paint was not really bad before I started, Ive done my car before by hand with meguiars products.

same with me, I wasn't able to remove very light swirls with the orange pad. I don't know if its technique or what

I cant remove alot of stuff with the Adams pc pads, shr and fmp, I tried many things but the fine scratches and fine swirls caused by the pc r not coming out, my hood now has super fine little swirls caused by adams pads. I applied perfect pressure on my pads, I even drew a little line on my backing plate like in junkman vid to make sure its spinning proper.

I gave up with the PC and Adams products when I was detailing my car and just Meguiars tech waxed it by hand. I didn't wanna ruin my almost perfect finish.

I don't think shr, fmp and adams pads even work, I read a lot of professional detailing forums and they don't even use adams products for swirl removal. I feel Adams products are just marketed really well.

I just ordered some Meguiars M105 and some LC pads to correct my hood.

I wish I had a better camera to show the fine tiny swirls the pc and adams pads caused on my hood.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm just speaking the truth.

I cant remove alot of stuff with the Adams pc pads, shr and fmp, I tried many things but the fine scratches and fine swirls caused by the pc r not coming out, my hood now has super fine little swirls caused by adams pads. I applied perfect pressure on my pads, I even drew a little line on my backing plate like in junkman vid to make sure its spinning proper.

I gave up with the PC and Adams products when I was detailing my car and just Meguiars tech waxed it by hand. I didn't wanna ruin my almost perfect finish.

I don't think shr, fmp and adams pads even work, I read a lot of professional detailing forums and they don't even use adams products for swirl removal. I feel Adams products are just marketed really well.

I just ordered some Meguiars M105 and some LC pads to correct my hood.

I wish I had a better camera to show the fine tiny swirls the pc and adams pads caused on my hood.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm just speaking the truth.

If you are speaking the truth, then explain how I am able to get the results that I do? Also explain to me this. When I do a detail clinic with people standing right next to the car, how am I able to correct the paint with these same products? When I am at a show, I pull the products directly off the table that people are buying from. Why do they work for me and not for you? You can't use "marketing" when a hundred people are wrapped around a car staring at your every move.

They work as advertised. If your technique is correct, you will get positive results.

I noticed that you haven't filled out your profile. How do we know that you didn't arrive here just to bad mouth the product because you are associated with a competitor? Most of your few post have been negative or touting the raves of competing products. I really have to question your purpose for joining this forum. There are thousands of folks who have had nothing but positive results using these products. You appear to be the lone exception to the norm.

... Took some of the swirleys out of my hood with the yellow pad using SHR at different opms 2000/5000, the orange pad seemed to do nothing.

You should be working with the PC on a setting of 5 with 9-14 pounds of pressure. Trying to remove scratches with the speed set any lower is worthless. The PC is not doing anything at those speeds. If you go too high, you will work the polish too fast. That is worthless too. Keep the polisher at the settings I stated above. That will yield you the best results. :thumbsup:

If you are speaking the truth, then explain how I am able to get the results that I do? Also explain to me this. When I do a detail clinic with people standing right next to the car, how am I able to correct the paint with these same products? When I am at a show, I pull the products directly off the table that people are buying from. Why do they work for me and not for you? You can't use "marketing" when a hundred people are wrapped around a car staring at your every move.

They work as advertised. If your technique is correct, you will get positive results.

I noticed that you haven't filled out your profile. How do we know that you didn't arrive here just to bad mouth the product because you are associated with a competitor? Most of your few post have been negative or touting the raves of competing products. I really have to question your purpose for joining this forum. There are thousands of folks who have had nothing but positive results using these products. You appear to be the lone exception to the norm.

First of I'm not workin for a competitor lol. Why would I spend over $500 on your Junkman kit. To have you bash my tread?

Second, In your videos you dont become 100% swirl/scratch free (you say I can come back and fix that later), and if you did you wouldn't be able to tell by your video.

Third, there is different types of paint. Not all paint is the same.

I'm a red seal trades man / mechanical engineer, I good on the tools. Ive also read and watch so many porter cable demos on swirl removal.

You say a 15yo kid can do it, why can't I? I followed all your steps and instructions.

Archived