Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clear Polish

Team Adam's

Question

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Clear Polish

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-360-adams-clear-polish-16oz.aspx

341.jpg

Adam's Clear Polish is the first of it's kind to specifically treat and protect automotive clear bras! Clear bras will yellow and fade over time when exposed to the sun and elements. Our Clear Polish, when used as suggested, will effectively extend the life of your clear bra by up to 50% and prevent yellowing and aging!

The Clear Polish is recommended for use every 3 months on vehicles permanently exposed to the elements or twice a year on garaged vehicles.

Allow it to haze over Apply by hand after using our Clear Spray. Simply apply to our microfiber applicator pads and rub in a criss-cross manner just like our paint polishes.after 15 minutes and wipe off with our Super Plush Microfiber towels. Stand back and look at the shine!

Taken from: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1147249-post17.html

First of all I'd like to thank Jason at Adams. You can see above I had some questions about this product. Obviously since I sell a good amount of vinyl stripes, graphics, and paint protection film (aka "starshield") We took it to PM and he was kind enough to send me out a sample of the product to try, which I told him I would post my results.

First I was impressed to get a large full bottle of the product, and not a tiny sample bottle. I think this would last a lifetime if just using it on your clearbra and vinyl every few months. It arrived quick, was packaged very well (including a plug under the cap), and smells good lol. Now I've never seen a lot of need for any special products on vinyl as the high quality stuff I use holds up a lot of years on its own. Some of them I carry are rated for 10 years of continuous outdoor life. I've just used whatever car wax/polish I was using on the rest of the car. Of course that doesn't work for matte vinyl which has gained a lot of popularity lately.

I finally took some time to test the Adams clear polish product on different vinyls, including matte. Now Jason told me it would probably add a shine to matte materials. He was correct. It's not a really a shine transforming them into high gloss all of a sudden. It is a clean appearance and has not yet turned into any kind of chalky residue. The only way I can think to describe is if something really dull had a slight coat of oil on it that was wiped dry, but left just a slight sheen. I don't think it's a bad thing, just not a totally flat appearance. This is not a knock on the product at all, and not what it is made for anyway. I think if used on matte stripes it would clean them up and people would still know they were matte, although I do prefer the more flat appearance. So anyway- not what the product was made for, just a little side experiment. On to the next.

I tried it on regular gloss vinyl. I picked some scrap that had been kicking around and had shown some "wear" from being slid in and out of boxes, and just kind of kicking around. Actually it was the part from the ouside of a roll that I trimmed off because of this so I could provide my customer fresh viny. The product as the name implies does have a little bit of polish to it as a bit of color came off on my rag. No big deal as the color goes all the way through the vinyl- you can't "take it off" and without any polish in the product it would not remove minor scratches and stuff as it claims. I will say that it certainly did correct the small problems and increased the gloss of an already glossy product. On high quality vinyl you really cannot tell it is not paint. Especially with metallics and such now and that even by touch HP vinyl is as thin as a coat of paint- usually the edge will be a cleaner on vinyl though since its cut by a blade and not bordered off by the rough (in comparison) edge of masking tape. The "too perfect" appearance is the give away that it's vinyl. Actually i can even get vinyl made from real paint now- but it is very expensive. I was sceptical at first but the Adams clear polish product gets my endorsement and it can improve the appearance, offer protection, and no doubt extend the life as well.

I'll play around with it on my paint protection film later but from getting a feel of how it performs I would expect it also to perform well on it as well since it's attributes are very similar.

Thanks Jason.

Summary: It's a good product that does what it says it does and comes with a 110% money back guarantee.

I just picked up my first bottle of this stuff over the weekend. I intend to use it to remove the swirl marks and water spots from my BLACK vinyl stripes on my GT500. Those stripes are the bane of my existence! I love the look, but oh man are they a royal pain, as they scratch SOOO easy. I will post up full pictures and a good review as well on the clear polish soon! I had intended to do it this weekend, but the fires and high winds quickly snuffed out that idea...

Got my order of polish and protectant but I'm too cold to try it out. Can this be applied over Adams Machine Polished surfaces???????:confused:

Absolutely but remember this is meant to be used on clear bras so if you're currently using our products on your bra this will be an upgrade for the protective film!

If I wax my clear bra do I use clear polish before or after wax?

From what I read and have done this is ALL you need to do to the vinyl. No wax after it. I use this and then the clear spray.

I put the clear vinyl wrap on my iPhone and keep forgetting to try this on it. It needs some scratches removed and I think this will be a good test for it. :pc:

From what I read and have done this is ALL you need to do to the vinyl. No wax after it. I use this and then the clear spray.

I put the clear vinyl wrap on my iPhone and keep forgetting to try this on it. It needs some scratches removed and I think this will be a good test for it. :pc:

Thanks Christopher!

Thats a good idea with the iphone, I may have to look into that! :2thumbs:

Black vinyl ? What is it you are trying to do ?

Polish out the stupid scratches in my stripes :( The vinyl that Ford uses is SO freakin delicate, that even with the two bucket method, lots of soap, and a perfectly clean wash mitt on a lightly dusty car, it SCRATCHES!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Polish out the stupid scratches in my stripes :( The vinyl that Ford uses is SO freakin delicate, that even with the two bucket method, lots of soap, and a perfectly clean wash mitt on a lightly dusty car, it SCRATCHES!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Bummer, too bad they look so good :(

What have you tried on them so far ?

Bummer, too bad they look so good :(

What have you tried on them so far ?

Yeah, sometimes it pisses me off so much I am half tempted to rip them off of the car :( I wish I could afford to get them painted on, but to get it done to the level I want is around $6k.

Revive polish works somewhat, and so does the clear polish, but I am scared to put more pressure, or apply it longer to the same spot for fear of ruining them....sigh...

You are up early Charles!! Vinyl is tough, as the finish isn't layered like clear coat, nor thick like headlight lenses.

It sounds like you have done the S&H and FMP combo with the white pad at 5K OPM's, correct? If that doesn't do the trick, try using the same combo by hand w/ a microfiber applicator pad.

Report back with results:thumbsup:

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Clear Polish

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-360-adams-clear-polish-16oz.aspx

341.jpg

Adam's Clear Polish is the first of it's kind to specifically treat and protect automotive clear bras! Clear bras will yellow and fade over time when exposed to the sun and elements. Our Clear Polish, when used as suggested, will effectively extend the life of your clear bra by up to 50% and prevent yellowing and aging!

The Clear Polish is recommended for use every 3 months on vehicles permanently exposed to the elements or twice a year on garaged vehicles.

Allow it to haze over Apply by hand after using our Clear Spray. Simply apply to our microfiber applicator pads and rub in a criss-cross manner just like our paint polishes.after 15 minutes and wipe off with our Super Plush Microfiber towels. Stand back and look at the shine!

Is this product still available? I don't see it on the website.

Will this get rid of scuff marks in the clearbra?