Customer Service 866.965.0400

My gf dried my MF towels, is that bad?

IMADreamer

Question

I detailed my gf's car and bless her heart she wanted to wash my towels for me which was nice of her, but....... She also dried them. :( They are definitely less fluffy now and kinda stiff. I've ready many times her not to dry them and I've never done that previously. So now that they've been dried should I not use them on my paint? or are they still ok.

Moral of the story, don't let your gf do your laundry.

25 answers to this question

Does Micro-Restore remove fabric softener?

Yes, but any detergent washing would also. This just works really well and is specifically designed for micro fiber.

Bruce

At least you see the good side of your girlfriend for trying to help out. With my girlfriend, I would be like " WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!":mad: only because she has watched the Adam's videos and has the same "sickness" that i do :D

You may need to do a treatment with some vinegar in that case... fabric softener is a pain to get out of the towels.

Ok I'll try that. I have a whole bunch more from today to wash too so I'll try some viniger.

Ooooo never good when you start with the saying "Bless her heart"

Yeah, she tried. She just didn't know. I appreciate her trying.

Depends on if she used a high heat setting or fabric softener.

Start gentle, just rewash them using your standard routine and see how they come out.

She definitely used fabric softener. Low heat I think. I'll give them a rewash.

I wash and dry mine all the time. Maybe just re wash, only with micro-fiber, using liquid detergent or Micro-Restore, no fabric softener. Dry gently, again, alone and with no fabric softener, remove before before completely dry.

Bruce

Archived