Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying Hex-Grip & Flip Pad???

Kingsford

Question

Hey guys, when ever I use my Hex Grips or Flip Pad I was them by hand but they never fully dry for a few days of cooking in the sun.

Would it be safe to put them in the dryer on Regular and let the heat dry them?

12 answers to this question

If you put them in the dryer, you can, but it needs to be air spin, where all it does is simply spin it and push air into it. Make sure that it doesn't heat up at all.

The best thing to do is put a white shirt into the dryer on "air" for 5 minutes, stop and touch it right away and see if it's hot at all. If not, feel free to spin them for awhile. If it is, ring them out and let them air dry by sitting there.

I would say not. I use some APC and rinse em out with water and they come clean and ring them out really good and they should dry farily quickly.

Thats what I've been doing and they seem to never dry out. I've set them out in the sun 3 days in a row now and they are still wet. Its like 90 Degrees out too.

Thats what I've been doing and they seem to never dry out. I've set them out in the sun 3 days in a row now and they are still wet. Its like 90 Degrees out too.

As other's have said, ring them out as best as possible. Then what I do is fling the water out, kinda like using the PC to dry out a wet pad by rotational force, but by hand. I hold the pad over my head then swing my arm down towards the ground to force more water out. After that, I'll leave the pad to dry on a wire rack next to the dehumidifier. The dehumidifier is key here because it'll remove the water in the air.

After washing them out, I leave all my pads and applicators sit in a dish strainer out in the garage by the "shop" sink, this allows air to circulate all around them. The denser the foam the longer it takes to some to dry, and it all depends on the humidity. 90 degrees doesn't mean anything if the humidity is high too.

Archived