Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome wheel protection

duramaxsky

Question

Mt truck and Sky have chromed aluminum wheels. The Sky has stock wheels and the truck has MB Predators. I have used brilliance spray glaze on them. They look great but I have seen posts saying that is not a protective product. What would be the best thing to use to protect them. Would it be the same on the stock wheels as the after market wheels? Also would it be the same thing on the smooth exposed part as the rougher back part? I would still use the spray glaze over it as I don't think something else would make them shine like they do. :cheers:

10 answers to this question

Any of adams waxes would provide protection. protection goes up in each say buttery will offer protection but americana will provide more but the most protection would be the MSW or Machine super wax. 2 coats of americana will provide about the same protection as 1 coat of MSW. Now I am not sure how any of these will be with aftermarket chrome wheels but factory chrome wheels are usually clearcoated from factory which means you would treat it just like paint.

I personally like the MSW and then some BSG for the extra pop.

BINGO!! Thats my preferred combo as well. I've been recommending that combo to anyone who asks for advice on chrome and the results across the board are stunning.

A customer, Ruben, sent me some pictures of his truck after using that process and was very impressed... I'd have to agree. :glasses:

post-1263-136818024942_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info. One more question. I have MSW so would I use it by hand on the wheels or try ti fit the PC in there? I like that SS clone. I wanted to do that to my truck but the bumper cover on the HD models sits 2" higher than non HD so there would be a huge gap between the bumper and the grille and fenders. The rear bumper would work but just that would look stupid.

Archived