Customer Service 866.965.0400

First detail after vinyls?

Cyclone

Question

Well... I put some vinyl graphics on my truck today...

In doing so I had to use something like rubbing alcohol to take all the wax/polish off of the area for the graphic to adhere to. I plan on doing a detail this weekend and it will be the first detail with the new vinyls...

Any special way or something to be careful of or thoughts?

Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like.

Flames_018.JPG

Flames_013.JPG

11 answers to this question

Ty those came out great! Nice touch and I like the subtle color. Detail from left to right. Follow the flames and don't go against the tips. What you might see is eventual lifting - just use nail clippers and trim off the tips that might eventually raise.

We have a Clear Polish and Clear Spray for those - specially designed to clean them and add life to those vinyls before the sun dries and cracks them.

Clear Spray:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-361-adams-clear-spray-16oz.aspx

Clear Polish:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-360-adams-clear-polish-16oz.aspx

I did the vinyl graphics on my wife's Monte Carlo and the stripes on my Vette, and I've never done anything different with them on than I did without them. They've been washed, waxed and detailed to death and still look new. All of Adam's products are decal friendly.

I did the vinyl graphics on my wife's Monte Carlo and the stripes on my Vette, and I've never done anything different with them on than I did without them. They've been washed, waxed and detailed to death and still look new. All of Adam's products are decal friendly.

Agreed, but I would still use the clear polish, as you cant really see the damage that is done to them on any colors other than black. Trust me when I say it is there....I have black stripes :(

Got caught up doing some other stuff this weekend... Like sleeping and watching TV, HAHA...

I am going to give her a much needed bath and detail after work tomorrow and get some new pictures with the added goodies from the past 2 weeks.

I spoke with a graphics guy yesterday, learned some interesting things about vinyl. He recommended that you leave it for a month or so without waxing it so that the vinyl can breathe and harden. After that, do the Adam's thang!

Great info

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great info

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, I have been trying to learn as much about vinyl as possible. I have black stripes on my GT500 that are a nightmare to take care of! Black paint is tough, but black vinyl is worse, it scratches soooo easy! Also, careful of using pressure washers near vinyl, as it can cause lifting. I have found that revive polish works great on vinyl, though I wouldn't use it too much on it as I am not sure of the long term effects. Stick with the clear polish, as obviously it was formulated for vinyl. With a lighter colored vinyl like you have chosen, I would use the clear bra detail spray to clean it instead of the regular pink detail spray.

That is one thing I never could understand. The price you pay for the Gt500 and they put vinyl stripes on. A friend of mine plans on removing his and painting the stripes back.

*cough* his?

I sure hope that Debbie does not see this thread Allan, LOL