Customer Service 866.965.0400

spritzing the pad

johnb

Question

hi again all is there something i can use with the shr and fmp to season the pad and keep the pads from drying out i am out of adams detail spray i have some qd by megs or do you guys have any other ideas

5 answers to this question

hi again all is there something i can use with the shr and fmp to season the pad and keep the pads from drying out i am out of adams detail spray i have some qd by megs or do you guys have any other ideas

You seem to have a lot of Megs stuff. If I were you, instead of cross using products and taking a chance that you won't get the best results, why not just toss the Meguiars and order up the Adam's so that you'll only be using the best? If you're crossing products, you won't be wanting to come on here complaining that you didn't get good results.

Adams is simply the best. Cost more? Sure. But you get what you pay for. Plus with a 110% guarantee, and the best customer service anywhere, why would you want to use anything else.

Hmmm, I'll have to check and see if that guarantee is null and void if you're cross using product.

I actually have some experience with this first hand... a customer who was using another (not megs) detail spray to prime the pad was getting gummed up product in his pad. He also experienced streaking and uneven removal of the polish after each pass. We discussed the issue at length, he didn't believe me that the use of another quick detailer with our polishes might be the issue, so we had a friendly bet.

I sent him a 4oz sample bottle of our detail spray, free of charge - if it fixed the problem he'd order a gallon of it... if it didn't I'd refund 110% of his purchase on the polishes.

A week later he was ordering a couple gallons of detail spray.

You have to remember, that though many products are similar in composition or intended for similar purposes, it doesn't mean they'll work the same or react the same with other products. There are reactivity issues all the time with different products from different companies... ask a lot of our customers who've tried to simply put leather conditioner over the top of armourall on their interior... the 2 don't play nice together.

If you want the best results from the products then its in your best interest to use them as intended. Theres no harm in TRYING the other stuff, but don't be bowled over if the end result isn't what was intended.

Archived