Customer Service 866.965.0400

Reaching the top center of your Truck

STex

Question

I'm 6'3" and still can not see or reach the top center of my 09 1500 CC Sierra (not lifted). I have an undercover cap on the bed. I can walk on it but prefer not to (would be to high) and still cannot reach the front of the cab from there. I do not have or like tube steps etc and using them can allow you to rub against the side of the truck etc...

So to wash/dry and wax cab top I found these two items:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_40558-12223-RM-P2_0_?productId=3112051&Ntt=rubbermaid

http://www.lowes.com/pd_146404-287-AP-20-MP6_0_?newSearch=true&catalogId=10051&productId=1017889&Ntt=146404&N=0&langId=-1&y=4&x=21&storeId=10151&Ntk=i_products&ddkey=http:LowesContactUs

I use the step stool for washing top, getting center of windshield...etc..it has a rubber like finish so you do not slip and is very stable and easy to move.

For waxing I use the low werner platform/bench ...can move up and down the cab top without having to get down and move the step stool.

If you only buy one, start with the step stool. I had tried other items but these are by far the best I have found. Hope this helps someone.

I've got a 2008 Chevy with a 6" lift and 35" tires and its a pain to get to the center of the hood and windshield. I have a 3 step stool and I still have to stand on the front tire and lean way over and I can barely reach the center:willy:

I've got a 2008 Chevy with a 6" lift and 35" tires and its a pain to get to the center of the hood and windshield. I have a 3 step stool and I still have to stand on the front tire and lean way over and I can barely reach the center:willy:

That's how my truck sits and I had to lean over the door from inside the truck. I'm gonna get a work platform.

I just open my doors and stand on the lip. I'm only 5'9 and have a superduty on 35's (not lifted).

Yes I did such on my old GMC sub but this truck does not lend itself to such. The door seals are right there and no balance point to do some real work up there. Still have the sub and three other cars offer no such problems but the Sierra required the lift (more than Junkman's reco).

The Werner platform in great but cannot help but say the rubber maid step stool is really handy for washing, checking for bird s... droppings, center windshield, sitting to wash wheels/wheel wells etc... I tried the step stools with the tray but you have to turn sideways and move often to wax/work a long top like the CC or Subs...

When I trade my hail damaged TSX for a Camaro ('old' GTO (3) owner) I will enjoy not needing such equuipment except for the truck

I use the Werner platform and it works great! I have added strips of 3M Outdoor Tread (from Home Depot) to the platform to give it a non-slip surface. I was washing my truck this morning and had two different phone company repairmen stop and ask me today where I purchased the platform.

Thanks - Earl

Archived