Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather & Int. Cleaner/Conditoner REVIEW with PICS

mikeg6045

Question

Hey guys,

I was so happy with how well and easy the "Leather & Interior" cleaner and conditioner combo worked for me that I wanted to add a review. I figured a thread without pictures probably would not be warranted, so I decided to take some shots and include them along with my comments.

The car is a few months old and has never seen any nasty silicon dressings or anything. The only product used on the interior of the car has been 1z ****pit Premuim (which is a very light quick interior touchup product).

I only treated the Leather pieces in the car at this point, as I didnt feel like spending the entire day doing the car, and I also just wanted to test the product and its application and finish. Pieces treated are the leather seats, the leather steering wheel touchpoints, the E-brake handle, and the shift boot. Its pretty easy to tell which parts are treated in the pictures as they are slightly darker in appearance than the rest of the parts. I am extremely happy with the finish that was left. It is nice and even, and has a great dry and soft feeling to it. Even happier that its not shiny, slippery, sticky, or streaked. For people worried about the idea that the product has a leather scent (something I wasnt to thrilled to hear), understand that this is a complete non-issue. The only time I smelled the scent was when opening the bottle and sticking my nose to it. Once the product was on the towels/applicator and used, there is no scent leftover. And I have a pretty good sniffer and do not like products that are overpowering or leave a lingering odor. upon a final buff of the products there was no scent left to linger. atleast imo.

I first used the cleaner on all the pieces earlier stated. After reading the instructions I did a test spot without issue. And I have a black interior, so it would be easy to spot a problem. No issue on the power or strength. I applied liberally, and as with any interior product I did not let it dry and did a final buff. The car was already clean, but this product cleaned any drips or drabs and left a nice even finish. The finish was like i came to expect. nice and dry and had the look that a conditioner should be used to follow up.

I then followed with the conditioner on the red applicator. The red applicator is perfect for this job as the edges fit nicely inside any hard to reach crack or area. I applied an amount of the conditioner that I felt should be needed. Not a lot, and not to little. Just enough. Enough to coat an entire flat section of the seat without extra conditioner building up in the stitching or corners. imo if you are having buildup in these spots, you are probably using way to much product and should probably squeeze the applicator in a towel and startover using less the nextime. The product applied evenly and left a really nice finish. It was very easy to tell where I had started and finished. I applied it to the entire section and when done , did a final buff with a 80/20 microfiber (80/20 will leave no lint or leftover fibers). The finish was dry and smooth but slightly darker in appearance. Which i then waited 20 minutes and then did my final buff with an Adams white doubleplush microfiber towel. I did not have any problems with streaks or spotting and I was very satisfied with the appearance. Start to stop I spend about 1 hour doing the job. The red applicator really made things go very quickly as it distrubutes just the right amount depending on how much pressure is applied. I always finished with little to no pressure which helped even things out. It was that easy to get the results I was looking for.

Overall I'm very happy with the products. Everything worked just as described and expected. I did see some posts on these products which looked quite disturbing with spotting and streaking, which is the main reason I wanted to add this thread. To show how good everything worked for me. Ive got all the Adams products up to this point. Some I have tried and some I have yet to have the time. Everything I have used to now has worked just as described or even better for me. And believe me, I have tried/used/ and own some of the most expensive products available from other manufacturers. And I honestly consider all the Adams products that I have used far better overall values when the pricing and packaging/amounts is all factored in. Which is really something special.

And there is no question that Adams detail spray is the best one I have ever used. Other Adams supplies that I am really fond of are : VRT, carwash, applicators(incredible) and brushes, glasscleaner (although wish it was a touch stronger), BSG, and APC(really like this stuff). I have the polish's but have yet gotten a chance to use them, as I i'm still finishing some other products first. Only thing I still want to try is the americana, but its so hard to make the purchase cause of how many other qaulity wax's i still have good supply of. But i will purchase it on my next order considering anything I have second guessed has turned out better than I expected.

Hope you guys enjoyed the review. I will add some more pictures when I try the cleaner and conditioner on the rest of the interior panels and parts. (the rest of the interior was again treated with 1Z ****pit premium after this application just FYI).

I know you guys are waiting for the pics, and here they are. The last picture is of an application of VRT on the tire after 3 weeks. FYI i have not driven through any rain, but its durability is still up there when compared to other water based tire dressings.

Thanks for listening.

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

10 answers to this question

Great review! Nice level of detail.

:2thumbs:

Thank you !

I'm hoping to add some more reviews but with before and after pics.

I also forgot to add that the center armrest was also treated. And i did a testspot on the plastic panel where the seat adjustments are located, which is inspiring me to treat everything else. I'm liking the depth it added, and I always look for a complete matte look on the interior. really happy with how this turned out.:2thumbs:

Very nice! Your car looks familiar lol

What color do you have ?

This car's got some heavy mods under the hood and cabin. TSI APR stage 3 with a Southbend clutch.

waiting on suspension and a boost gauge that fits the interior up to my standards still.

Car work and car care are two of my hobbies as you can see. Once theres nothing left to modify i'm usually onto the next project. But I still got a lot left to go before I get an Audi S4 (now supercharged v6 so cheap and easy to modify with software and supporting hardware).

Looks really nice. I blew the engine in my SS Camaro when I was a sophmore in college and leased a 2007 VW Rabbit to get me through school. Boy did I hate every minute of it hahaha. I'm sure I would have been MUCH happier in a GTI, those new ones look really nice too.

Archived