Customer Service 866.965.0400

Central Illinois checking in...

I'm from the Bloomington/Normal area and need help with my hood and trunk. I found this site via the Junkman 2000 channel on youtube via Cadillac Forums. I've got an '89 Triple Black Brougham that needs some paint repair done or just repainted. I wash it about every week or 2 at the least and plan on participating in some shows eventually.

Hey, I'm from Blo/No too! WELCOME and good luck with the Cadillac. You should see me occasionally at the Cruise-Ins with my 72 Ranchero.

Which cruise-in's and where? I'm new to the whole cruise-in and car show scene. I'm going to do the MDA Car Show in Peoria for fun and a father/son event. My 17 year old likes helping me with our cars.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll look into getting some estimates and maybe I can get it done in a little while. It's great to see that there's some B/N peeps on here.

If you're looking to do it on the cheap, talk to KC Autobody just off of Market Street on the west side of town. He's between the Freedom gas station and the Arby's on Market out near the interstate. He's a super nice guy and does quality work for a decent price. If quality is all you're concerned with I've had good luck with Cooks Autobody in north Normal and Mike's Collision east of town by the airport.

And post some pictures of that beast! :burnout:

Which cruise-in's and where? I'm new to the whole cruise-in and car show scene. I'm going to do the MDA Car Show in Peoria for fun and a father/son event. My 17 year old likes helping me with our cars.

There's a Cruise-In every 2nd Saturday of the month up at Von Maur in the College Hills Mall.

http://www.twincitycruisers.com/

I usually try to make a couple a year. This year will be the first time the Ranchero has made it. Hopefully I can get Jake on the :pc: to help me polish it beforehand.

Brian,

I have to agree with everyone, time for new paint. The hood on my '69 Thunderbird has some crazing, but no where as bad as yours. You'd be surprised how much better it looks after a polish and wax. Giving me time to save for a quality paint job.

I love these big old cruisers, don't be afraid to take it to some of those cruises. Yes, there will be cars in way better condition, but there might be others about the same. You might even get contacts to help you out :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Your paint shows exactly what happens when you put wax on paint that hasn't cured. This is why I tell people to never put anything on fresh paint unless you are 100% sure that the compound has no sealing capabilities. That definitely is going to have to be repainted.

Which Caddy forum are you on?

Your paint shows exactly what happens when you put wax on paint that hasn't cured. This is why I tell people to never put anything on fresh paint unless you are 100% sure that the compound has no sealing capabilities. That definitely is going to have to be repainted.

Which Caddy forum are you on?

Thanks for the prognosis. I appreciate your informative and very entertaining videos. Stupid previous owners. lol I'm the 3rd owner and they must have had it sitting under a tree for extended periods of time because of the bird doo that ate through the paint and became part of the hood and trunk. On a good note, I "dawned" it and used a liquid clay bar (I haven't had a chance to order any Adams yet and it's what I had) to strip the wax and give it a pretty good clean yesterday. It looks better already. I just need to buff it and see how much better it will get until I can get it painted. It won't be perfect, but it will be better at least.

I'm on the Cadillac Owners.com forum. The RWD forum to be specific. Lots of big body Caddie owners over there.

Archived