Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do I Really Need a Foam Gun

TR6speed

Question

I have seen a lot of talk on the foam guns and I have watched the video here. My question is do I really need one? My '01 Corvette is garage kept and is not a daily driver, so it does not get real dirty and many times I clean it with the WCW only. I do wash the wife's 2010 GMC Acadia, as it goes about 25 miles round trip to her office each day. Again it is garaged at home and in a covered parking garage at her office.

So what say all you Super Detailers.

I kind of wish I had held off on getting a gun since Adam's is going to be carrying them again. I am glad I got one though. I had never even heard of the thing until I started reading detailing forums. Now I just need to figure out a way to stop spending do much money on detailing stuff.

Detailers anonymous! :help:

Ha, that could be it. I live in the part of the continent with the highest annual precipitation (between rain and snow), so I can easily have to wait a week or more between washes. It's been raining steady since Friday and no look for a break until Thursday.

My neighbours already think I am slightly touched, if I started washing the car in the rain, they would be calling the local looney lock up..... ;)

Hmmm... if only we had a NEW foam gun coming...

seeeeeeeeecrets :D

I clearly need to work a few more photo shoots at car shows and save up ALL my profits for my next order. :willy:

OK I am convinced that I need to get one, if not for the Vette at least for the Acadia. Now do I wait and see what Dylan was hinting at or go shopping now?

I would wait for what Dylan's hinting at if you don't already have one. I would rather give my money to Adam than Amazon. :patriot:

Ha, that could be it. I live in the part of the continent with the highest annual precipitation (between rain and snow), so I can easily have to wait a week or more between washes. It's been raining steady since Friday and no look for a break until Thursday.

My neighbours already think I am slightly touched, if I started washing the car in the rain, they would be calling the local looney lock up..... ;)

I love to wash the car in light rain. Guarantees no sun spots! Then pull it in the garage for the blow dry and DS wipe down with Adams drying towel.

I'm past worrying about my nieghbors. They walk by shaking thier heads when I'm using a leaf blower to dry car! :lolsmack:

I kind of wish I had held off on getting a gun since Adam's is going to be carrying them again. I am glad I got one though. I had never even heard of the thing until I started reading detailing forums. Now I just need to figure out a way to stop spending do much money on detailing stuff.

Hell Im getting a part time job to feed just my Adam's Addiction, er I mean oh hell.. Im an Addict, no sense denying it..

I bet it kicks *** and is mad in the USA!

I bet it will also produce thick and slippery billows of Adam's scrumptious car wash suds that are made from 100% Fresh Squeezed Unicorn Tears....I think, don't quote me on that :lolsmack:

If I were a betting man I'd also say that it's gonna come with a super sweet introductory price for all the Adams Addicts who can't wait to get their hands on one! :xfingers:

I sould have searched before I ordered my Gilmour.

Well the bad news is it Already came, the good news is that I didn't get a foam wand with it so it may be on its way back.

where did you order it from? the black wand comes shipped inside the fluid reservoir

I sould have searched before I ordered my Gilmour.

Well the bad news is it Already came, the good news is that I didn't get a foam wand with it so it may be on its way back.

yeah, i was worried about mine too but it was inside. OPEN HER UP!

I have seen a lot of talk on the foam guns and I have watched the video here. My question is do I really need one? My '01 Corvette is garage kept and is not a daily driver, so it does not get real dirty and many times I clean it with the WCW only. I do wash the wife's 2010 GMC Acadia, as it goes about 25 miles round trip to her office each day. Again it is garaged at home and in a covered parking garage at her office.

So what say all you Super Detailers.

Super detailers can not live on WCW alone! :willy:

You have to wash it and the foam gun is the only way. :thumbsup:

Do you need it? Probably not, but it sure is fun to use. I just recently got mine and have used it a few times. I don't find it to be absolutely necessary, but it makes washing even more enjoyable. Plus, there's that added peace of mind that it's getting a good soak before rubbing the wash mitt on the paint. One of the best things I like about it is that it gets soap in all sorts of places you wouldn't normally be able to get soap.

I will agree with everything said above and add that I just got my gun and have only used it once. I love it. It makes washing so much easier. With your garage kept and low usage cars you might be able to foam, rinse and be done.

Archived