Customer Service 866.965.0400

Daily driver with no garage...

Coaster36

Question

Hey guys I got linked here from dodgetalk.com another great forum. Someone mentioned the great adams detail stuff. I read and watched all I could. And y'all sold me! I ordered the starter kit with the PC and the interior kit. Fedex should drop it off tomorrow, but it will have to wait 2 weeks until I get back from a trip. yada yada yada, enough for the intro now to the question.

What can I do to get the longest protection for my truck? Even if theres a non adams product. Will adding 2 or 3 coats of the machine polish help? I know Im crazy but I dont want to wash a full size truck every 3 days to keep it perfect.

Truck is a 2005 dodge ram quad cab short bed. Its black and I dont have a garage to park in every night. I do have a place to do the detail inside so that wont be a problem.

:help:

9 answers to this question

boy if it lasts even 6 months i'd be happy. a year would be great.

I'll do 2 coats of MSW. You say to wait a week. Ill just do a wash before the next application then ill just have to apply the MSW right. I wont have to go through the whole thing again.

boy if it lasts even 6 months i'd be happy. a year would be great.

I'll do 2 coats of MSW. You say to wait a week. Ill just do a wash before the next application then ill just have to apply the MSW right. I wont have to go through the whole thing again.

right, you just wanna make sure the surface is clean of any dirt from a week of driving it before applying a 2nd coat.

for a car that stays outside and is driven daily, a solid full detail every 6 months and a wash followed by detail spray every other week is perfect protection to keeping your car clean and looking brand new.

right, you just wanna make sure the surface is clean of any dirt from a week of driving it before applying a 2nd coat.

for a car that stays outside and is driven daily, a solid full detail every 6 months and a wash followed by detail spray every other week is perfect protection to keeping your car clean and looking brand new.

That sounds about right for me, too. If you're careful when you wash you won't ever need to do and major SHR corrections, either -- a little FMP now and then should be good. :thumbsup:

Archived