Customer Service 866.965.0400

I Have a Problem

TR6speed

Hi, my name is Jack and I have a problem. I am an addict to detailing. My wife says I need to join the AA Adam's Anonymous. She says it must exist just look at all the post on the forum, look at my supply of all the Adams Detail products and accessories in the cabinets in the garage, look at how much time I put in on my car (and now her new car). She said I need to get help and soon.

I could use it about now. I am in west central Florida (Tampa Bay) and it is about 90 degrees with a 85-95% humidity and I just finished washing and claying my car.

I know this post needs pictures. However my '01 Vette is not a daily driver as I am retired, so there usually is not a big difference in the before and after shots, but I had not clayed it in about a year and the little baggy said it was time.

Plan of attack is tomorrow is to jack it up, pull the wheels and detail the suspension, wheel wells and exhaust. Then the glass the interior and the engine bay. Finally the FMP and a coat or two of Americana.

That should keep my fix happy, and the wife is at work so she does not see it all taking place.

You're outside detailing is this weather? I moved my car just now at work and its about a zillion degrees out there, with 146% humidity. Feels like the surface of the sun.

There's nothing that you can do to cure this. Although, once your wife sees how great her ride looks too, she'll understand.

With all that detailing, do you show your car? There are ALWAYS shows within a 2 hour drive of you.

I could use it about now. I am in west central Florida (Tampa Bay) and it is about 90 degrees with a 85-95% humidity and I just finished washing and claying my car.

I know this post needs pictures. However my '01 Vette is not a daily driver as I am retired, so there usually is not a big difference in the before and after shots, but I had not clayed it in about a year and the little baggy said it was time.

Plan of attack is tomorrow is to jack it up, pull the wheels and detail the suspension, wheel wells and exhaust. Then the glass the interior and the engine bay. Finally the FMP and a coat or two of Americana.

That should keep my fix happy, and the wife is at work so she does not see it all taking place.

I plan on giving my '99 pretty much the same treatment over the holiday weekend. :2thumbs:

You're outside detailing is this weather? I moved my car just now at work and its about a zillion degrees out there, with 146% humidity. Feels like the surface of the sun.

There's nothing that you can do to cure this. Although, once your wife sees how great her ride looks too, she'll understand.

With all that detailing, do you show your car? There are ALWAYS shows within a 2 hour drive of you.

NO NO I have it in the garage with a fan running, but it is still hot.

Yes I do show it around this area mostly, but I have gone down to Ft Meyers and over to Daytona a few times. I have a local show next weekend (July 10) so I thought I would get an early start on it.

Tonight I am going to Home Depot for some baseboard to finish off the remodel I just completed and I am getting a portable generator 6500 watts and they have portable A/C units that cool 460 sq. ft. So I will pick one of those up just in case of a hurricane and power outage. We can at least cool a room off to sleep. The A/C is large enough to cool the garage down so I think detail might just get a little easier.

NO NO I have it in the garage with a fan running, but it is still hot.

Yes I do show it around this area mostly, but I have gone down to Ft Meyers and over to Daytona a few times. I have a local show next weekend (July 10) so I thought I would get an early start on it.

Tonight I am going to Home Depot for some baseboard to finish off the remodel I just completed and I am getting a portable generator 6500 watts and they have portable A/C units that cool 460 sq. ft. So I will pick one of those up just in case of a hurricane and power outage. We can at least cool a room off to sleep. The A/C is large enough to cool the garage down so I think detail might just get a little easier.

OHhhhh....ok...gotcha.

That "local show" wouldn't happen to be the BACC show at Courtside Grille, would it? If so, I'll be photographing all the cars there and putting together mocked up magazine covers. Look for the white Chevy Colorado with the printers running in the bed.

Stop by and say hello.

OHhhhh....ok...gotcha.

That "local show" wouldn't happen to be the BACC show at Courtside Grille, would it? If so, I'll be photographing all the cars there and putting together mocked up magazine covers. Look for the white Chevy Colorado with the printers running in the bed.

Stop by and say hello.

That would be the show. I have some friends in that club, so i try and support their shows. I will look you up.

Jack' date='

When your wife finds you drinking your Adam's products then she should start to worry. :lol::lol:[/quote']

I have not gotten that bad yet, but I was refilling my DS, WCW, UCS from my gallon bottles and it smelled so good in the garage the thought crossed my mind. It reminded me of a fruit salad.

:banana::banana:

If I would have known how to save properly when I started working in '88 I'd be in a mild climate running my own detail shop.:o There are a few here, but no call for them in the winter, of course. :(

UPS-FedEx all love detailers, it keeps them working. I must park outside so I wash the quick detail two the three times a week, in the spring-summer-fall. My wifes Acura Mayan Bronze is nice, but needs TLC and my black Jeep even more. Hey I enjoy the labor of love. Resist any Interventions.

I think we'll release a patch infused with detail spray... it'll be like the nicotine patch... so when you can't detail at least you get a detail spray infusion into the blood stream that'll help get you your fix.

The sad thing is... I would probably buy it. :lolsmack:

Archived