Customer Service 866.965.0400

My friend was in a vicious motorcycle accident!

fdresq4

Hi All,

I'd appreciate prayers and thoughts for my friend Howard. He was in a motorcycle accident down the street from his business.

A lady, with two kids in the car, turned right in front of him while going into her husband's business. They are all ok but Howard was flown to a trauma center.

The next 24 hours are key in that if does not awake from his coma, he will be removed from Life Support. The doctor did say that if he awoke his neuro skills and life style would be greatly altered.

Howard has dedicated his life to others for many years. He was a current member of a local Rescue Squad in which he served as Captain for the last 3 years. He also served with another nearby squad and served as our town's Deputy and OEM (Emergency MNGT) Coordinator.

Thanks,

Steve

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like he was a great man. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

I have a street bike that I dont drive much at all anymore because of things like this. With a wife and kids now I just couldnt find myself riding around on a crotch rocket as much. I love the bike but my family comes first.

Here is my bike that never gets driven... I take it out to wash it and put it right back into the garage.

l_730e1a65fd97850715ff6b7c3f6e62ed.jpg

sorry to hear that... People generally ignore bikes.. idk y they do but they do...

I ALWAYS cover my brake n clutch had a few close calls with people turning in front of me... they gotta open their eyes and learn how to ride.

PRAYERS for your friend from a fellow streetbike rider !

God bless, hope he recovers the soonest, all my prayer blessing goes out for him and hes family!

I might sell my YFZ quad, to much accidents and stories I've heard from motorists, it is really not safe driving those machines when car drivers lack the knowledge. Atleast for sport bikes.

Tough to hear. My thoughts and prayers for his full recovery and for his family. We had a guy go down here at work, took about 2 years, but he is back whole and still rides.

Yeah, the other drivers on city streets make it dangerous out there. I was in my car and got rear ended at a light by a stake bed truck It totaled my car, but my thoughts were "crap, if I had been on my bike my wife would be planning my funeral. How could he not see me?"

Anyhow, best to your friend.

Bruce

May prayers to him and his family. I've been riding for five years now in which time I've amassed nearly 50,000 scare free miles. But all it takes is a lapse of judgment by one party or the other for it to go south in a hurry. Hope he pulls through this. He sounds like a selfless individual.

Tough to hear. My thoughts and prayers for his full recovery and for his family. We had a guy go down here at work, took about 2 years, but he is back whole and still rides.

Yeah, the other drivers on city streets make it dangerous out there. I was in my car and got rear ended at a light by a stake bed truck It totaled my car, but my thoughts were "crap, if I had been on my bike my wife would be planning my funeral. How could he not see me?"

Anyhow, best to your friend.

Bruce

Dont stop at lights... I am serious.. I know a kid who got hit stopped in traffic and went over the highway barrier and ran over by an 18 wheeler...i never stop i hit the shoulder or split cars or do whatever I gotta do to not get rear ended

2-1/2 years of commuting on my FJ, rain or shine in Bay Area traffic, and had more close calls than I can count. Friend of mine, in uniform on his police bike, was crushed by a semi on the freeway. Too **** dangerous out there, but we still do it.

Prayers sent for your friend.

Prayers to you and your friend. Too many times I investigate these accidents and more often than not it's the fault of the vehicle because they were not paying attention. I sincerely hope he pulls through.

sorry dude what town was that in

Bethlehem TWP. in Hunterdon County. It was HWY 173 which runs parallel with 78.

Thanks to all for the comments. No change as of yet.

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2010/06/rescuers_at_bethlehem_twp_moto.html

Although some of the facts in the story are wrong but here is an article.

Steve

Guest Jay.B

I too will keep you and your friend in my prayers along with all involved in this situation. I hate to hear about things like this happening.

Archived