Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana ?

crime2

Question

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha i did not know they had a video of it-figures. Well since I have one anyway and do not have a car foam gun-was going to try it.

why not? If it does not work well-I will eventually get a car foam gun.It is worth a try....;)

Where do you get one of those??? That might just work for the car too!

Check me out. I had my hat and my boots on! :lolsmack:

that's why I sad cowboy-you were playin the part...

In KY you can find one in a horse "tack shop" or you can go on line :

http://www.ezall.com/products/ezfoamer.html

I have used these foamers when I started buying big horses-like in the 90's. They do not clog and put a little product mixed with water. Believe me-you do not want to rinse a horse all day to get the ton of shampoo out.

I am going to try it on the car-ha ha!:cheers:

The key is, understanding exactly what the foam gun does and why you need one. Once you get an understanding of those 2 key things, you can then consider using your foamer as an alternate if it does what the foam gun does. I explain exactly what and why about the foam gun in one of my video series.

Wait... I was talking about the BSG... I was told you can use a glaze quite often as it doesn't last worth a poop... More for the show and shine than anything.

It doesn't last long but still, too much product on top of your car is not good for the look. The only time multiple coats are very helpful is when you are traveling across country and are going to be killing a lot of bugs (driving at night). That's when I would use multiple coats of MSW on the front of the car and mirrors. This helps the bugs wash right off as soon as you get where you are going.

In detailing, you have to treat the final stage as you would modding a car for a better cosmetic look. At some point there is a line that you shouldn't cross. We have all seen those cars, the ones that have every trinket that a magazine may offer for a given car and the thing looks like Hooptyville, USA. Waxing can be the same way. Sometimes, less is more. You should have a thorough understanding of exactly what each wax product and be able to easily explain that to anyone who ask. You should also be able to explain how each product interacts with what you are layering it with.

You don't say, "I use product X on top of product Y because it looks good." You say for example (as I do with the products I use), "I use MSW and layer it with Americana because MSW offers me the best protection out of all of the Adam's waxes. I then layer it with Americana because Americana offers me the depth that I want in my shine."

My technique has a reason and logic behind it. I don't do it because I think I should or because someone told me to, I do it because I understand the results that I am going to achieve. Because of MSW, this is a two day process but the final result gives me the look and the protection that I want.

20 minutes is a really long time to wait for a paste, but since you did it indoors I'm sure that made it easier. When I use Americana outside, even if it's in the shade, I try to not let it sit for more than 5 minutes. But when I use it in the garage, I've gotten away with letting it sit for a little longer.

It's a learning curve.

If you leave it on for an hour it makes using Buttery wax a breeze.

Next time...Americana goes on One panel (section) at a time and then buffed out within 5 minutes.

I would definitely not agree to that. Like anything, to much of a good thing i not a good thing. After a while, you are doing nothing but clouding up the finish.

By the time you properly apply it to one Corvette panel. It is pretty much time to wipe it off.

Wait... I was talking about the BSG... I was told you can use a glaze quite often as it doesn't last worth a poop... More for the show and shine than anything.

I'm with AJ here too... I called Mr. Pitale after the camaro hazed up; it took at least 12-15 coats to do it, but it got noticeably cloudy. Dawn wash.. 2 Actually, the first one didn't get it all off. Oh the joys of quitting smoking...

I apply to one panel at a time and remove right after application. 1/2 the hood and 1/2 the roof at a time.

As many times as you like! :2thumbs:

I would definitely not agree to that. Like anything, to much of a good thing i not a good thing. After a while, you are doing nothing but clouding up the finish.

How long have you waited after applying Americana before you buffed it out?

The 1st time I used Americana I waited 20 minutes and it was fairly easy to buff out.

The 2nd time I applied Americana I waited over an hour and I almost couldn't get it to buff out.

The next day I applied Brilliant spray Glaze just so I could easly buff that out.

By the time you properly apply it to one Corvette panel. It is pretty much time to wipe it off.

20 minutes is a really long time to wait for a paste, but since you did it indoors I'm sure that made it easier. When I use Americana outside, even if it's in the shade, I try to not let it sit for more than 5 minutes. But when I use it in the garage, I've gotten away with letting it sit for a little longer.

How long have you waited after applying Americana before you buffed it out?

The 1st time I used Americana I waited 20 minutes and it was fairly easy to buff out.

The 2nd time I applied Americana I waited over an hour and I almost couldn't get it to buff out.

The next day I applied Brilliant spray Glaze just so I could easly buff that out.

All done....wash, clay, wash, S&H, FMP, 2 coats SMW, 2 coats of Americana and one BSG.

Lot of work for the daily driver but worth it.

Here are a handful of pics and some playing with the camera.

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3283.jpgIMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

If Junkman and Chuck Norris met in person the collective awesome force of their personalities would open a rift in the space time continuum and erase everything from existence, thus the reason Chuck has never been to one of our detail clinics... well that and he can remove scratches just by staring at them.

chuck_approves.gif

:D

Archived