Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Chrysler Nationals 2010 Thread!

Hey boys and girls, the Junkman coming at you from Carlisle, PA with a report from the Chrysler Nationals! The weather to date has been crazy hot and humid and that can work the drive out of anyone if you spend any significant time directly in the sun. But that's were the Junkman finds his swirls so there is no rest for the weary! So roasting in the sun is where I will bring this update from.

We got the tent up and running and had no problem finding vehicles that needed some Adam's style loving.

cnats2010_1.jpg

Forum member "Bubba" dropped by with his Charger for a hook up in the shine department. Notice how nice his ride looks with the wide shot. Speaking of wide, my man Bubba leaves a nice size footprint. I think he could challenge me for a eating crown!

cnats2010_2.jpg

His paint had its share of swirls, but the main thing is that it was cloudy and lifeless when you looked at it up close. This is a perfect job for Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover.

cnats2010_3.jpg

cnats2010_4.jpg

After instructing him and all who watched on how simple the Adam's process is, I was able to take his paint from pitiful to poppin' in no time. He has been having his car detailed by a detailing "professional", but I think he will now be doing a change up as far as that is concerned.

One thing to notice about the next couple of pictures is what appears to be dust on the paint. This is actually the pearl in his paint that is now very pronounced after removing all of the cloudiness that was covering the paint. Since the car only has 20,000 miles on it, it was not a whole lot of work so that should give anyone who may be contemplating tackling their own car an idea of just how easy this process is.

cnats2010_5.jpg

cnats2010_6.jpg

The next car that I attacked (which I forgot to get a long shot of) was by far, the worst of the swirled up cars that I have ever seen. This thing had every kind of swirl damage known to man! It was scratched, hazed over, swirled and buffed with a rotary buffer by someone who shouldn't be allowed to touch a tricycle. This thing was so bad, I couldn't capture all the damage I saw in this paint job. The kicker is, it was recently painted!

cnats2010_7.jpg

cnats2010_8.jpg

But as you know, these are the cars I die for! Swirls, be gone!

cnats2010_9.jpg

We did dinner again at our favorite dining spot, and I actually changed up from my usual steak and potatoes. This time, I had a big bowl of the Seafood Bisque and the Cowboy Pork Chop. Yummy!

cnats2010_11.jpg

cnats2010_10.jpg

cnats2010_12.jpg

Oh well, it is time to tackle another day. Gotta go for now!

A.J. ..You told me the truth opening shot for the new thread..WOW!!

Thanks for allowing me the pleasure of providing you with the canvas to work some serious art. To stand back and watch as you hold Court, was awe inspiring !! I have learned quite a bit more,..no...a lot more !! But, from now on i will take care and take pride in doing it myself !!

Thanks again my friend-

Bubba, you better KEEP that paint looking that good , or AJ is gonna come with guns loaded!

Looks great! Keep cool AJ! And keep up the good work! :2thumbs:

A.J. how long will you be there on Sunday?

At least until 2:00 PM.

Who let that camaro in ? LOL....

I caught a little hell from that. It was my rental! :help:

A.J. ..You told me the truth opening shot for the new thread..WOW!!

Thanks for allowing me the pleasure of providing you with the canvas to work some serious art. To stand back and watch as you hold Court, was awe inspiring !! I have learned quite a bit more,..no...a lot more !! But, from now on i will take care and take pride in doing it myself !!

Thanks again my friend-

Thanks for allowing me to use it! It was a great demo car. I'll see you this morning too!

Here's some more action from Saturday. The folks were eager to learn...

cnats2010_13.jpg

cnats2010_14.jpg

cnats2010_15.jpg

The damaged cars were in abundance too! Here's one, I'll post more later. It seems that a few of the Crossfire guys and gals liked damaging their wings on the back of the car. Thi lady took it one step further by using some rubbing compound in an attempt to remove a scratch.

cnats2010_17.jpg

cnats2010_18.jpg

I fixed her boo boo...

cnats2010_19.jpg

By the way, if you stayed home, you missed the show! :D

cnats2010_20.jpg

Keep the pictures coming AJ!

The bikini contest..............sure doesn't look like we missed much. :lolsmack:

I KNOW we have some better looking women in PA somewhere! :help:

I want to thank Steve and AJ for allowing my Viper to be used as one of the demo cars yesterday in Carlisle. It has 24,000 miles, is definitely a "driver" (as it should be). I am the third owner, and it has a lot of cosmetic issues, the least of which are some serious scratches that AJ worked WONDERS on. Also, I had driven 100 miles out the PA turnpike yesterday morning in torrential rain, so it was a bit trashed from that as well.

That was my buddy Bubba's SRT8 Charger that he worked on Friday, and I know both Bubba and I learned a lot. I see now what I've been doing wrong.

Thanks again, AJ. If you're ever around West Chester, PA, let me know, and I'll buy you a good steak dinner!

Scott

Once again AJ and Steve took excellent care of the Charger today..another day another fender or two !! Thanks Guys-

Wow...number 5 felt so bad she didnt even wear her number,,look at her posture and stance..."(thinking) what am i doing here??? he made me come on stage"..if we let aj work his magic we could fix her right up, too..

a little polish a little waxing you know

..oh and i am going to start my little project this week seeing that i have some time off..i will let you know how it goes.

and what is my new saying, i have forgotten the verse... "they dont walk next/with bubba ????".:D

I'm sitting in the airport in Charlotte, NC waiting on a flight that has been delayed almost 1.5 hours, so I thought that I would answer some more post

Keep the pictures coming AJ!

The bikini contest..............sure doesn't look like we missed much. :lolsmack:

I KNOW we have some better looking women in PA somewhere! :help:

I didn't see any! lol.gif

You make me proud AJ, you always make me proud!!:thumbsup:

The honor is mine Brutha' P! :thumbsup:

I want to thank Steve and AJ for allowing my Viper to be used as one of the demo cars yesterday in Carlisle. It has 24,000 miles, is definitely a "driver" (as it should be). I am the third owner, and it has a lot of cosmetic issues, the least of which are some serious scratches that AJ worked WONDERS on. Also, I had driven 100 miles out the PA turnpike yesterday morning in torrential rain, so it was a bit trashed from that as well.

That was my buddy Bubba's SRT8 Charger that he worked on Friday, and I know both Bubba and I learned a lot. I see now what I've been doing wrong.

Thanks again, AJ. If you're ever around West Chester, PA, let me know, and I'll buy you a good steak dinner!

Scott

Hey Scott, welcome to the forum! :welcomebanner:

It was our pleasure to have such a fine ride in front of the booth. I wish that I could have spent even more time n it but it was such a customer magnet that I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off! At least we got some things done. It was a very nice ride to work on. I took a bunch of pictures of the scratches but forgot to get some pictures of them once I fixed them. That's how crazy it was! I did manage to ge this sweet shot. :thumbsup:

cnats2010_21.jpg

Nice pics AJ. And can someone please give bikini girl #1 a cheeseburger or something, she looks like she hasn't eaten in a month.

lol.gif

Once again AJ and Steve took excellent care of the Charger today..another day another fender or two !! Thanks Guys-

Wow...number 5 felt so bad she didnt even wear her number,,look at her posture and stance..."(thinking) what am i doing here??? he made me come on stage"..if we let aj work his magic we could fix her right up, too..

a little polish a little waxing you know

..oh and i am going to start my little project this week seeing that i have some time off..i will let you know how it goes.

and what is my new saying, i have forgotten the verse... "they dont walk next/with bubba ????".:D

The saying goes, "You don't walk with Bubba, you walk among him." :lolsmack:

Well Bubba, at least I remembered to take some after shots of your ride. I'll post them later as my battery is dying on my laptop. Oh well, I'll chime back in when I get home!

Thanks AJ, looking forward to seeing more pics. And please, if you get a chance, post something over on the VCA forums in the detailing section. I know some of the Viper bretheren are looking forward to it.

Scott

Nice pics AJ. And can someone please give bikini girl #1 a cheeseburger or something, she looks like she hasn't eaten in a month.

They need to take a few cheeseburgers away from the first one on the right! :jester:

Archived