Customer Service 866.965.0400

Build your own new Corvette's Engine!

Marylander

I'll stick to building my own in my garage. lol

I find it interesting that GM and other car companies charge you for the previlage of watching your car get built but in the tractor world John Deere actually hooks you up to do that. We have watched a few of our tractors get built and you get to go right on the line and help put it together, it's pretty awesome. Then they feed you a nice breakfast and dinner. No charge, well minus the 150k dollar tractor. lol

I'll stick to building my own in my garage. lol

I find it interesting that GM and other car companies charge you for the previlage of watching your car get built but in the tractor world John Deere actually hooks you up to do that. We have watched a few of our tractors get built and you get to go right on the line and help put it together, it's pretty awesome. Then they feed you a nice breakfast and dinner. No charge, well minus the 150k dollar tractor. lol

Right, you're up in the part of the country where tractors that cost more than houses are common day. It ceases to amaze me the money that some of those tractors, combines etc etc will set you back.

I'm with a few of you other guys. If I had the disposable income I'd do this in a heartbeat. But it does beg the question. If after a few thousand miles you drop a valve or have any problems, will GM warranty it at a dealership, or will they send you the parts and a manual and make you fix it yourself?:jester:

Right, you're up in the part of the country where tractors that cost more than houses are common day. It ceases to amaze me the money that some of those tractors, combines etc etc will set you back.

I'm with a few of you other guys. If I had the disposable income I'd do this in a heartbeat. But it does beg the question. If after a few thousand miles you drop a valve or have any problems, will GM warranty it at a dealership, or will they send you the parts and a manual and make you fix it yourself?:jester:

Actually you are with a tech that does it everyday, and I am sure that they will do a lot in not all of the work and you just watch or help. I am not sayiong that you cannot do all the work yourself, and they just guide you in the process. So the warranty should not be an issue. I know if I dropped $118,000 plus the $6K for that option, you **** well know that warranty better be honored.

Actually you are with a tech that does it everyday, and I am sure that they will do a lot in not all of the work and you just watch or help. I am not sayiong that you cannot do all the work yourself, and they just guide you in the process. So the warranty should not be an issue. I know if I dropped $118,000 plus the $6K for that option, you **** well know that warranty better be honored.

Oh of course. I know what it would boil down to is they'd let you torque one main or rod bolt then they do the others. They let you put the loc tite on the threads while the tech works etc etc. I just thought it would be a hilarious fine print foot note that in the event of a failure you, the engine builder, would be held liable.

The engine plant (Detroit) and Assembly Plant (Bowling Green) were just on "Ultimate Factories." If I heard correctly, they assemble a motor in about 4 hours...lots of big cool tools that torque multiple bolts simultaneously, etc, so it's not the same as one of us wrenching on a motor in our garage.

And obviously the motor is clean and out of the car and all the parts are laid out, so it really can't be that difficult.

Archived