Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member from Georgia!

Cobalt9123

Hey guys, I'm not new to detailing, but I'm new to Adams Forums and also to Adams products. I live near Athens, GA and I do IT/CS work for a living, with detailing being my hobby/love :) . I've watched all of Adams videos, at least the recent ones that I could find, and have been very intrigued by Adams products. I used his method of washing the whole car BEFORE rinsing and absolutely loved it. Saves me a ton of time and water! I know a lot of reputable detailers that use Adams Car Wash and Adams Detail Spray. I'm interested in those products as well as the Glass sealant and how it compares to say Aquapel. I'll post a recent write up I did on my car that was just a simple wash and wax, but wasn't with Adams products, if that's ok :glasses:

Here's the ride, '09 Cobalt SS/TC in Summit White with G85 LSD, sunroof, black/black interior, 1 of only 118 made, and even less with my options :D

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_042.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_046.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_047.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_048.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_050.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_053.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_057.jpg

Welcome! Enjoy yourself! Lots of great people and a knowledge base thats never ending!

Thanks! I hope to learn a lot here :)

226.gif:hi:

Your car will love Adams!! :rockon:

I'm hoping so too :)

Chevy all the way Jordan! Welcome to the forum!

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

Thanks Rich! :thumbsup:

:welcome: Jordan very nice ride:cheers:

Thank you! :cheers:

Glad to see more Georgia people coming in here.

:welcomebanner:

Always love to see fellow Georgians...I wish there was some sort of GA detailers meetup!

Welcome Jordan!

Thanks Ryan :)

Welcome. Do I see a red corvette in your garage too?

Yes, that is my brother's '01 C5Z06, full exhaust, 224/224 cam, 114 LSA, longtube headers, catless X pipe, stock titanium exhaust, ported throttle body, vararam intake, and a little shot of nitrous :) His car put down 516WHP on the dyno w/nitrous. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to take care of the paint at all and won't let me touch it :mad:

His trim is cracked and fading, swirls and scratches everywhere, untreated leather, and the worst is what he uses to wash it..

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_0061.jpg

His "wash center"

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_0011.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_0041.jpg

Yes, he uses these to dry it without washing them.

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_0051.jpg

Such a shame for such a nice car...

brandonvette.jpg

09_Cobalt_SS_Detail_0031.jpg

Poor car. I talked to a guy washing his z06 today and I asked if he uses zaino he said he'd never heard of it and just buys whatever is on sale at Kmart :(. I told him he was doing more harm than good and he just brushed me off. Why spend 50k on a car and not take care of it?

My brother doesn't really think he's doing anything wrong seeing as there were so many scratches/swirls in it when he bought it (With 40K miles on it already). He doesn't see that he's actually putting more in it..such a shame. The thing is, I know if he would let me buff his car out that it would be in fantastic condition because he has no paint chips or cracks anywhere and it has near 120K miles on it!

Thanks! Nice vette you have there. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around Atlanta. Do you go to any meets or anything? What's done to her? :rockon:

Thanks for the compliments, I drive the vette as often as possible. I have not been to many meets or shows (time is limited) but I do try and get out for some NGA mountain drives and do an Adam's event every now and then (had a detail day at a shop in Duluth last spring)

The car is a Procharged Z06 with Kooks LT headers, GHL Exhaust, Pfadt coil over suspension just to name a few mods...

Archived