Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive or Machine Polish

Commissar

Question

I am out of my old polish and looking to order some new. I have heard a lot of great reviews about the revive, but haven't heard much on the machine polish. I have a PC and use the SMW, which polish do you recommend? Car is a weekend toy, spends most of its life in the garage. '06 with 22k on it, only about 2k this year, and 1,100 miles came in one weekend trip.

Half tempted to try out Americana as well, heard great stuff about it. Just not sure if I can justify the purchase right now.

9 answers to this question

I'm just gonna say what I've heard I have no experience with either [i will be doing a complete paint correction tomorrow though so i'll be able to say how well FMP works cuz thats what I have, on black paint atleast]

What color is the vehicle? I've read on the forum that revive really adds some extra pop to metallic paint. again just saying what I've read I'm sure others will add input shortly

A machine will almost always yield better results depending on what condition your paint is in currently.

Adam said a while back that FMP was first designed by taking SHR and Revive and mixing them. I'm guessing it's been tweaked since then but if you have FMP you really don't NEED RP but some swear it makes the paint that much better to use it after FMP. I don't see it, or see enough change to warrant the extra work.

Chris

If the paint is in rough shape, swirl and haze first, then revive second, then FMP.

If the paint is ok I will combine the swirl with the revive, followed by FMP.

If it is a dark color I always use revive no matter what the condition of the paint. if it is a white car I usually do not use revive, or i do revive with the swirl and haze.

I only use the super wax if I have the car the next day. Either way americana or butter is last. Just my 2 cents.This may not be correct but so far so good for me.

Prior to the FMP, Revive was the only polish supplied by Adam. I used it with a pc and it worked fine. Adam then formulated the FMP and the MSW specifically for the pc. I like both. The Revive can be applied by hand or machine, so there is some advantage to have the Revive on hand. As for which one does the better job, I guess it comes down to the condition of the paint on your vehicle. I have heard where some mix a little Revive and the FMP and use the pc. Maybe Adam or Dylan can give you a complete answer as to which is better, but in my opinion, they both do an excellect job.

Paint is in good shape, it is brazen orange metallic, 22k miles, stored indoors, rarely ever sees rain, has never been in snow. Went ahead and ordered the SHR, MSP, and Spray Glaze. Should be here 7/23/10, have a GTO G2G on 07/24/10, so will hopefully be giving this a try before the meet. I will top it all off with a coat of MSW

Archived