Customer Service 866.965.0400

Proper care of fabric convertible tops?

FATBOY

Question

Having two convertibles in the garage, I have always wondered about the proper care of the fabric. I have been rinsing first, then using a soft brush to soap down with Adam's car wash, rinse again. I then spray on a product called Rag Top and use another soft brush to rub in the Rag Top and then rinse again. I then apply Rag Top Protectant. I never use any wax, ds, or any other Adam's products other than the car wash. The last time i talked to the Adam's folk, which was about a year ago, I got a thumbs up but just checking again to see if i have everything covered and to check to see of you are planning to develop any products for fabric tops care. Thanks for considering my question:hi:

13 answers to this question

I agree! My 2001 Corvette convertible is Navy Blue Metallic with Oak (tan) top and interior. The Oak top is very hard to keep clean. So, a good cleaner and maybe a sealant for the canvas type material after it has been cleaned would be great.

Rich

I agree! My 2001 Corvette convertible is Navy Blue Metallic with Oak (tan) top and interior. The Oak top is very hard to keep clean. So, a good cleaner and maybe a sealant for the canvas type material after it has been cleaned would be great.

Rich

That's exactly the color combo my brother has, only his is a 2000...............with 7000 miles on it. smilie_thud.gif

Ive been using Ragg Topp for years great product, I don't think it would be one that could be improved

Hey Mate, how ya'll doing down under??? Do you use Ragg Topp only or do you use Adam's car wash as a pre-wash like I do??? Since I have only had a Convertible for a year or two, I have no idea what I'm doing here. At least the top hasn't fallen off the car yet. Opp, better make that two tops now - double trouble:help:

gday mate all great in the land of OZ

Nothing wrong with the way your doing it but you dont have to do it that way, everytime I wash the car I give the top a good suds up, using adams of course, the Ragg Topp is a 2 part system so all you need to do is apply the cleaner scrub it down a good hose off, dry it off and add the protectant should be good for a year or 2 depending on were it lives and time it spends on the road, mine lives inside and is mostly a weekend car, did mine a year ago, water still beads off it like crazy

Having two convertibles in the garage, I have always wondered about the proper care of the fabric. I have been rinsing first, then using a soft brush to soap down with Adam's car wash, rinse again. I then spray on a product called Rag Top and use another soft brush to rub in the Rag Top and then rinse again. I then apply Rag Top Protectant. I never use any wax, ds, or any other Adam's products other than the car wash. The last time i talked to the Adam's folk, which was about a year ago, I got a thumbs up but just checking again to see if i have everything covered and to check to see of you are planning to develop any products for fabric tops care. Thanks for considering my question:hi:

Hi Fatboy!

That's a great question!

If you have a fabric top the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner works awesome!

You just spray it on your top, wipe over it with the soft brush and dab it out with a towel. It won't bleach it and there is no soap in the product, so you won't get a bunch of suds.

If you have a vinyl top, then go with the VRT. You will get some protection and it will keep the top looking new.

I hope this helps.

Ashley