Customer Service 866.965.0400

candle wax on fabric seat of Ford F150

Sandra Dee

Question

My wife has managed to get wax on our carpet at home several times. A friend of mine told me to put down a towel on the wax, and then put an iron on top of the towel. The wax came right up into the towel. Worked like a charm. Not sure if you want to do that on your seats, but it's an idea.

I've seen people do that as well... :thumbsup:

I'll have to look into them. They will need to have an extremely thin edge to be of use to me.

Hey Junkman, these are very handy around the shop! When doing a higher-end detail, I use them for trimming painters tape all the time. Great for triming tape away from painted surfaces. Haven't scratched a single thing since I started using them.

wow-goodness! I will try the iron first then these other methods using chemicals...i guess. It is a work truck so I am not too worried-but I am having to drive it while 370 getting painted . I must admit I am liking the smell of melted scented candles though-I always try to look on the bright side-ha ha:lolsmack:

My wife has managed to get wax on our carpet at home several times. A friend of mine told me to put down a towel on the wax, and then put an iron on top of the towel. The wax came right up into the towel. Worked like a charm. Not sure if you want to do that on your seats, but it's an idea.

We have had success with this method as well!;)

I can iron a seat...

bring home the bacon

fry it up in a pan

never let Junkman forget he's my man!!!!:banana:

Something you can use to freeze the wax would be that freezing agent you can get at a pharmacy to remove warts. I'm sure that would freeze it in a hurry. Not sure what it costs, but would be worth a try. ALSO, there is a product called "Quick Freeze" put out by Miller's that would do the job too. It's a spray can and is typically used in the electronic field for cooling down components. It will quickly take the temp of the wax to a sub-zero range!!! Here's a link to the Quick Freeze:

http://www.miller-stephenson.com/?gclid=CJLfgsODt6MCFQYGbAodKwy9dQ

simply freeze the wax with an ice cube or ice pack. You can also use a commercial product that is designed to freeze wax on carpeting or upholstery. Once the wax is frozen, use a clean, blunt object to shatter the wax. Immediately pick up or vacuum the pieces of wax from the area. If you wait too long and the pieces soften, then you will need to refreeze them.

You can use a Tide Pen to use in the event that it's stained.

Sounds like a plan!:2thumbs:

Archived