Customer Service 866.965.0400

cleaners

hawaiianstyle

Question

I swear I replied to this lastnight..but i guess not. Anyways, I'll give the APC prewash a try. I've got some Tide hypoallergenic, no dyes no scents so maybe i'll let it soak in that longer vs just running through a normal wash cycle.

And yea..using the PC to buff off the MSW is real nice..well that is unless it costs me a mf every time :(

will woolite take the dark color out of the towel after taking off the msw? I put a layer of msw on then took the mf and wrapped it on the PC to assist in buffing off the msw. the towel picked up a lot of gray color by doing that. Should I soak the mf in woolite or apc it?

I APC any stained MF towels before washing. I'd rather get the sink a little messy, plus precleaning with APC frequently gives me a towel that looks as good as new. No need to spend the extra $$$ on Woolite. I use whatever scent/dye free liquid detergent is on sale that I can match up with a coupon. I'm currently using Arm & Hammer.

BTW: Isn't that a fun and easy way to remove wax?

will woolite take the dark color out of the towel after taking off the msw? I put a layer of msw on then took the mf and wrapped it on the PC to assist in buffing off the msw. the towel picked up a lot of gray color by doing that. Should I soak the mf in woolite or apc it?

So THAT'S why you joined the Corps!:jester:

No better looking dress uniform in anyone's military.

Jim, you jest but you are dead on. I was sold on the dress blues and that was the main determining factor that influenced my choice! :thumbsup:

I still have a set that I wear on special occasions. ;)

corvette_blues.jpg

I got some lower body panel dirt on my small wash pad the last time around. Since it didn't seem to want to wash out with the hose and the suds from the bucket, I tossed it in the wash with my drying, waterless, glass and polishing towels. Let em soak for a couple hours in the woolite and then ran the load through.

Came out clean and looking I just took it out of the package.

This is all great info, what about the professional wash pads, do you guys throw them in the wash too?

You can, but here's what I have noticed. If the only thing that you are touching with your wash pads is paint, they practically wash themselves while you're using them. If they are getting dirty with use, then you are washing more than just paint with them or you are 4-wheeling on the weekends. My wash pads never get dirty enough to require washing. They may get beat up over time, at which time they get rotated out and a new one brought in.

The only folks that I have seen who need to wash theirs are using them on the wheels, wheel wells and tires. That's fine if you designate a wash pad for that purpose but at the same time, that wash pad would never touch paint.

I just want to know AJ.. Did a computer type this for you or did you have to think about it? I thought it was spelled ya'lls :lol::lol:

Oh and I use Woolite , tumble no heat, and finish on a line the AJ way and my MF is a nice today as it was when I go it. Just my .02

I was using "proper southern" slang. :D:jester:

I would love to compare my washed towels to you all's washed towels. ;)

I just want to know AJ.. Did a computer type this for you or did you have to think about it? I thought it was spelled ya'lls :lol::lol:

Oh and I use Woolite , tumble no heat, and finish on a line the AJ way and my MF is a nice today as it was when I go it. Just my .02

Any time! :banana:

Mine look like new when they come out.

It's concentrated, dye and scent free liquid detergent.

Oh and I hang dry mine too.

It really comes down to, how much is too much? I use the same detergent we use for everything. It works great and has so since I started using Adams products.

Chris

If you hang dry them then they will be fine. I thought you guys were drying them on high heat as I read somewhere. I must have misunderstood.

Any time! :banana:

Mine look like new when they come out.

It's concentrated, dye and scent free liquid detergent.

Oh and I hang dry mine too.

It really comes down to, how much is too much? I use the same detergent we use for everything. It works great and has so since I started using Adams products.

Chris

I use scent free/dye free cheapie liquid laundry detergent and have NEVER had an issue.

I see NO reason to waste good money on something when it isn't needed.

If my towels are visibly dirty, I prewash with APC by hand. I don't want all that dirt in the washer.

Chris

:iagree: I use whatever scent/dye free stuff is on sale that I can match up with a coupon.

I use scent free/dye free cheapie liquid laundry detergent and have NEVER had an issue.

I see NO reason to waste good money on something when it isn't needed.

If my towels are visibly dirty, I prewash with APC by hand. I don't want all that dirt in the washer.

Chris

:iagree: I use whatever scent/dye free stuff is on sale that I can match up with a coupon.

Archived