Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana and Me, is it right?

Kingsford

Question

Ok, I really want to try Americana. You all have seen my Dark Gray truck, would there be a purpose of me buying it for my truck? I know it looks great on black, my girlfriend has a Black Pontiac G6 I could use it on.

I'm just having a hard time justifying a $70 can of paste wax. I really like applying wax by hand. The Buttery Wax just doesnt shine as good as the MSW and the MSW isnt applied by hand. So that brings me to Americana.

My last can of paste wax I had was NXT and that lasted about two and a half years.

Can someone help me justify spending that much money on paste wax? Is it worth it? How long would it last?

:patriot:

17 answers to this question

you should have taken advantage of the sale weekend which is 15% off everything. That would have put right around 10 bucks off.

I did take advantage of it but I was caught off guard by it and didnt have any money set aside for Adam's like I normally do when I know there is a sale coming up.

I ordered some MSW, Shampoo and the Interior Kit.

True nashss. Anyway, Americana will last forever. Just buy it.

I know it will last forever. I actually just bought a new mini fridge for the garage to keep pastes in and some "Soda"

I was skeptical too, I thought "can it really be that much better the MSW or buttery?" Well yeah it can. It was awesome, never seen anything like it and it still amazes me several weeks after initial application.

+1

Gotta do it!

If it works on white it will make grey/silver pop! :2thumbs:

This looks like a mirror. :glasses:

Can you tell what is sitting on top of the bucket? :willy:

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

Got me all worked up! Gonna race home and put on another coat! :bow:

You can wax your ride a 1000 times before you run out of Americana.:banana:

:iagree:

I've given my G8 3 coats, my wife's TBSS 2 coats and my neighbor's Tundra 2 coats of Americana. I can not tell I've used any! Is it worth the $$? Oh heck yeah! When I finish this pot in a few years I'll get another one. :D

Seriously, with the 110% guarantee, how can you go wrong? After you get your Americana start a list of every time you use it. When you use it up divide the cost by the number of uses and you'll be amazed at how inexpensive it really is. Right now my wax cost per coat is $9.75 and falling ($68.25/7 uses.)

Well I was thinking about it and in the past 3 months I've spent $50 on MSW for 3 cars, all of them done twice. SOOOO I figure if I wait for the Labor Day Sale (:xfingers: Hopefully) I can get it for $60-65.

I'll probably be selfish and use it on my truck only.... maybe the girlfriends once or twice so she doesn't b**** at me for buying it.

:patriot:

Jason, it's definitely worth it when you realize the cost per application. The cost per application is probably cheaper than coffee at Starbucks. $70 sounds like a lot for wax, but it's really not as bad as it seems because it lasts so long. Plus, the results are fantastic. My car looked great with MSW, but it took on an even nicer glow with Americana.

I too drive a grey vehicle Jason.

When I first put Americana on the Coupe I did the hood first and was "ok" with the results. It didn't really strike me out.

Then I did the sides.... OMG!!!! (my 15 year old girl impression...like it? LOL ) Looking at my reflection in the part still covered in Buttery and then Americana was like looking at two different paint jobs.

MSW is great on DD's and Americana is some awesome stuff on black cars. I used the Americana last Fall put on two coats last through the whole Winter. If you got the $ it's worth the money to make that black really pop.

Its is very worth it. You will love it from the first time you use it and it will last a very long time and goes on easy and comes off just as easy and it looks great on any color vehicle. It will make your dark grey truck look great up close or far away and even when its dirty and the paint protection is about like MSW except for 1 coat of MSW you would need 2 coats of Americana to equal protection but there are guys who have a put lots of coats on their cars and can tell you the same thing that it does not go quickly.

Archived