Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm having problems!

jub jub

Question

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you have any pictures of it before you started ? Where are you located ? Maybe there is a member in your area who could give you some hands on help ?

Sorry, no before pics. I can tell you this, it didn't look like it does in the pic.

I've been working on it using the white pad and fine machine polish. It looks better but it just amazes me how easily scratches pop up in the paint and how difficult they are to remove!

My guess is either too much polish or didn't give enough time for the polish to break down/moving too fast.

What speed were you using on the PC?

About 4000 rpm.

I do have a tendency to move too fast. I guess I need some tutoring!

About 4000 rpm.

I do have a tendency to move too fast. I guess I need some tutoring!

Might want to go to setting 4.5 - 5.

On the picture you posted it looks like it's hazing. Check out this youtube video:

I guess I'm hazing. I definitely move too fast and don't let the polish break down.

Need to watch more of the tutorial videos.

How do you know when the polish has broke down?

You want to start on a slow speed and spread the polish, then turn the speed up to 5 and keep moving the polisher real slow. Keep going until the polish starts to haze over, it will look much like wax does when it has dried enough to be wiped off. Always remember to let the polisher do the work, you go slow and let the polisher go fast :2thumbs:

And work on small areas.

Are you putting any pressure on the machine? I know when I started mine it looked the same way until I started using some pressure on the pad.

Evidently, not enough.

I'm going to experiment with it again today and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the advice.

I'd like to pass along that I made good progress today. I put all of your suggestions to use and the paint is looking much better.

Thanks to all of you who offered help!

Excellent! Please post pics when you get the chance. :thumbsup:

I too have a black C6 Z06 and have the same problem for the past 2 years and have tried all the recommendations in the past. It looks so bad at this point I have parked it in the garage and covered it up until I can figure this out. I have now purchased the Gen 2 pads and will start fresh as soon as the weather warms up. Did you start with the Orange pad and try to work them out first or start with the white pad? Any help would be appreciated.

Just remember when using a polish less is better, too much product will cause the pad to just slide across the product and not break down and actually polish the clear :hi:

And just putting a cover on and taking it off of a black car can cause damage, I had a black Mustang and it was impossible to keep scratch free :(

That was Adam's reply initially 2 years ago and I changed covers per his recommendations, but these scratches are not from the cover unfortunately, but from the polisher. The scratches from the wrong type of cover was what I was trying to get out when the problem started. I will try less polish this next go around and see what happens. I appreciate your thoughts!

I used the orange pad and worked my way down to the white.

The main thing to remember is to go slow, work it until it's hazed to the point there is almost no polish left and don't be afraid to apply a little pressure.

I did what the guys here suggested and it's working! I still have a little more polishing to do on the deeper scratches but they're getting smaller.

I used the orange pad and worked my way down to the white.

The main thing to remember is to go slow, work it until it's hazed to the point there is almost no polish left and don't be afraid to apply a little pressure.

I did what the guys here suggested and it's working! I still have a little more polishing to do on the deeper scratches but they're getting smaller.

No updated pictures :hi: