I'm having problems!

jub jub

Question

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Adam,

It has been nothing but snow and rain every time I have time to work on the car since November. I made a purchase of a 2009 Corvette ZR1 in Cyber Gray as a stable mate for my Z06, and want to make sure I have this process perfect before I use it on this new baby. Nice weather appears to be coming, so I will be giving you a call to help me out if you would please. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it with your busy schedule.

Wow, ZR1, congrats man, that is fab-u-lus!

I just got an 09 convertible in Cyber Gray, when that color hits the outside in the sun and that blue metallic shines thru it is stunning.

One suggestion. Mine looked real nice, but I clayed it (then light polish & wax) and the difference is major. Keep in mind that brand new the car has been exposed to outside elements with no wax, etc. protection. The before & after is like looking thru a cloudy window then looking thru a crystal clear window. The after shows the blue metallic much more than when it came from the dealer basic prep. Just a suggestion.

Good luck, and give that baby the Adam's treatment.

Wow, this thread is still going!

I've learned a lot since I joined this forum. I'm now showing guys in the club what can be done with the PC 7424, Adam's polishes, and a little elbow grease. Everyone's calling me a waxer now. Can you believe the audacity of some people? :lol:

Wow, ZR1, congrats man, that is fab-u-lus!

I just got an 09 convertible in Cyber Gray, when that color hits the outside in the sun and that blue metallic shines thru it is stunning.

One suggestion. Mine looked real nice, but I clayed it (then light polish & wax) and the difference is major. Keep in mind that brand new the car has been exposed to outside elements with no wax, etc. protection. The before & after is like looking thru a cloudy window then looking thru a crystal clear window. The after shows the blue metallic much more than when it came from the dealer basic prep. Just a suggestion.

Good luck, and give that baby the Adam's treatment.

Thanks for the tip Doug! It looks perfect now and I seem to get these little scratches everytime I use the Porter-Cable, I just hate to use it until I figure out what I am doing wrong. My wife first pointed out the blue tint in the sun light, it is better than the pictures show.

Dang Tim, you lucky dog! Added a ZR1 to the collection, Life Is Good! :cheers:

Kevin, it is a beast! The only time I got to drive it, it far exceeded my expectations! The paint seems a better quality than the 06 Z06 I have. I wonder if the Adam's Detail Spray will harm the clear panel in the hood. They also recommend using a black colored polish on the carbon fiber as the light ones leave white spots in the pores of the carbon fiber. Hopefully the Adam's crew has some insight into this.

Thanks for the tip Doug! It looks perfect now and I seem to get these little scratches everytime I use the Porter-Cable, I just hate to use it until I figure out what I am doing wrong. My wife first pointed out the blue tint in the sun light, it is better than the pictures show.

When I got my 09 home you could feel the slightly rough texture on the surface, so that is why I did the clay bar. After claying & removing the contaminates it was smooth as glass.

Your PC pad is probably bringing those contaminates to the surface and creating swirl marks. I'm sure Adam will chime in with a full step-by-step program.

Good Luck with that beauty Tim.