Customer Service 866.965.0400

Green Wheel Cleaner Help

boltsfan

Question

Is it safe to spray on and wipe off with MF towel (not spray off with water)?

My new Audi Q5 has terrible brake dust on all 4 wheels after driving only a few miles. I would like to be able to wipe down wheels when I get home every day (after they have cooled). I have been using the DS for this but bought the GWC the other day for this purpose. Just got the shipment and read the bottle and am now thinking I should not spray on and wipe off.

I beleive the stock wheels are cast aluminum.

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

The GWC is stronger than APC, and both should be rinsed after use.

Maybe Waterless Car Wash is what you need? It's spray and wipe. The DS will work, but WCW is designed for this.

Another thought, a cheap microfiber dipped in car wash solution to clean them, and another one to dry with.

Darn, Dylan beat me too it!

How about if I dilute with water (50\50)?

I would think you would still need to rinse due to the strength of the Cleaners. I normally use GWC 50/50 to clean my tires, as they don't get too dirty between washes.

I think you would be fine with DS, but get some cheap MF's for this job.

Have you waxed your wheels? MSW or Americana would allow the brake dust to be removed easier.

I'd probably listen to Dylan and take what he has to say to heart. He's the smartest man alive (right next to Mr. Pitale). Dylan has never steered me wrong and I usually do exactly what he says and it turns out how I want it!

After all these are the guys who make the product and play with it for months before its released.

:thumbsup:

Archived