Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st time with BG and Americana

1anonly

Question

Today was the day to see what all the hype was about with the BG and Americana. I started with BG and coated the whole car and glass, but didn't do the transparent roof on my Corvette. Anyone ever do it? The glaze went on very easy and dried faster than Buttery wax does. The removal was pretty easy too. As for the results..... The weather here today is overcast so I can't really see much difference, but the car the is smoother. Am I happy with it? Let's just say I'm not WOWED by it. However, I just did a paint restore on this car two weeks ago and it's only been out of the garage once since then.

Now to the Americana. So I open the container and pulled out the applicator. I stopped there and ran into the house to watch Adam's Americana video. I have never used a paste wax before so I wanted to make sure there wasn't a certain way to put it on. Now I'm all set, ready to go. I took the applicator and rubbed it on the paste then started to apply on the car. Right away I noticed that there wasn't much wax being applied to the car. So I rubbed it back in wax again, this time harder. The applicator still didn't look like there was any wax in it. Hmmmmmmmmm? So I gave a third rubbing in the wax. That's when I noticed something moving. Guess what? I didn't see the piece of wax paper on top of the paste :lol:. Can I ask how many people have done the same thing? After the paper was removed it worked a lot better. I did half the car then wiped it down, and then did the other half. I used a double soft towel for the first time too. I am simply amazed by those towels. Those things are soooo soft, it's like wiping with padding under the towel. After the car was done I rolled it outside to get a good look. It was still overcast so it's hard to get that POP effect. I'll have to bring the car out once the sun comes back out.

So as of right my opinion of BG and Americana is neutral.

Thought you guys might need a laugh today

14 answers to this question

It's a nice sunny day today so I pulled the cover off and parked the car in the driveway. My opinion of BG and Americana has changed. It definitely gave my car a little extra POP. I did take some pictures, but I'm not posting them because one them might be used for the Photo Contest. :thumbsup: I can't give away my secret Dylan Shot

I do have only one complaint about the Americana. When I was taking my cover off, it was sliding all over the place because my paint was so silky smoooooooth :glasses: I guess that's not a bad thing.

So the BG and Americana get two thumbs up from me :2thumbs:

Archived