Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm such a Lazy Detailer!

Z71_Denali

i've been so lazy the past 2 weekends...

i started my quarterly detail on the camaro last weekend. all i got done then was wash with dawn, clay bar, wash with Adam's soap. that took me 2 DAYS!

this weekend i felt i needed to finish it so friday evening i dusted it down and used my Adam's Waterless wash to get the paint clean from sitting for a week. i then proceeded to tape the trim and stripes off, but ran out of tape just before i could tape off the stripes.

as i began to inspect the paint for any micro scratches and swirls, it was starting to get dark and i felt it did not need a major paint correction. since i moved in july and bought my new truck, the camaro has just sat in the garage and only driven on fridays.

i woke up late yesterday, too late to start the car for a dose of Americana wax because it was getting hot, so i held off until the evening time. well a marathon of Band of Brothers came on spike so i watched that for several hours. around 7pm i went outside and began to wax the car.

i waxed the roof, pillars, hood, and trunk, then buffed it all out. by the time i was finished buffing the wax off, it was already 8pm and getting dark, so i pulled the car back in the garage to finish the car this morning.

well, that didn't happen; i woke up late again and now i'm waiting for the evening time so i can wax the fenders, doors, and bumpers!!! if i don't get it done tonight, i'm afraid she will have to go another friday without being driven because i'm too busy during the week to get it done. it has had the same tank of gas w/ sta-bil for almost 2 months.

:( I dont know if I would of went a week with no wax on my car but I just worry about stupid stuff like that. I would of also probably washed it again with shampoo and not WW. I am happy withthe way my dawn wash results turned out with all the Adam's products and waxes.

I've been so lazy the past 2 weekends...

i started my quarterly detail on the camaro last weekend. all i got done then was wash with dawn, clay bar, wash with Adam's soap. that took me 2 DAYS!

this weekend i felt i needed to finish it so friday evening i dusted it down and used my Adam's Waterless wash to get the paint clean from sitting for a week. i then proceeded to tape the trim and stripes off, but ran out of tape just before i could tape off the stripes.

as i began to inspect the paint for any micro scratches and swirls, it was starting to get dark and i felt it did not need a major paint correction. since i moved in july and bought my new truck, the camaro has just sat in the garage and only driven on fridays.

i woke up late yesterday, too late to start the car for a dose of Americana wax because it was getting hot, so i held off until the evening time. well a marathon of Band of Brothers came on spike so i watched that for several hours. around 7pm i went outside and began to wax the car.

i waxed the roof, pillars, hood, and trunk, then buffed it all out. by the time i was finished buffing the wax off, it was already 8pm and getting dark, so i pulled the car back in the garage to finish the car this morning.

well, that didn't happen; i woke up late again and now i'm waiting for the evening time so i can wax the fenders, doors, and bumpers!!! if i don't get it done tonight, i'm afraid she will have to go another friday without being driven because i'm too busy during the week to get it done. it has had the same tank of gas w/ sta-bil for almost 2 months.

SLACKER! :jester::D:jester::D:jester::D:jester::D:jester:

J/K

After working 6 days a week, every week since 1995 I too have a hard time getting motivated, especially if something good is on Spike: Power Block + Courtney (schwing!)= 2 hours gone!

Right now I had planned to do an interior detail but after yesterday's wedding reception I'm feeling old, fat and lazy.

BTW: The groom made a huge spread: pulled pork, ribs, brisket, chicken, smoked ham, world's greatest baked beans, mac n cheese....:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Ryan:

I owe you an apology, or else this is a text book example of the pot calling the kettle black. I set out to do the interior detail I promised after getting my Adam's Vac n Blo 500. This vacuum suctions, which is a GOOD thing! It suctions very well! Tomorrow I'll found out how well it blows when I give her a quick wash in the AM. http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-398-adams-vac-n-blo-500-by-metro-vac-ships-separately.aspx

Interiordetail9-19-10019Largee-mailview.jpg

The Vac & Blo is next to a container of wipes to give an idea of it's size. I took all of the necessary before shots to go with the after shots. I have two year old twins so excuse their mess which consists of books, monkeys, shoes and Ming Ming.

An example:

Interiordetail9-19-10001Largee-mailview.jpg

I began in the trunk, vacuumed it out then started in on it with Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner and a brush. http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-35-adams-16-oz-carpet-upholstery-cleaner.aspx This stuff works great, but I need the proper brush to go with it. I was working on a stain from some spilled energy drink (3 claw marks on the can...) that had stained my trunk carpet when I looked up and saw this driving by SLOWLY:

Interiordetail9-19-10020Largee-mailview.jpg

It went in the next door neighbor's driveway.....want to guess where I spent the next hour? The owner is in his 70's and we had a good time car talking and tire kicking. And in answer to the question some of you may have, yes, it is an SS.

Interiordetail9-19-10022Largee-mailview.jpg

Well after that distraction I went to work on the back seat starting on the passenger side. I got it done to my satisfaction when another neighbor walked over and we had to neighborhood gossip and talk cars for another hour. I then went and sat in the back yard and talked to my wife while she was burning some brush while the twins were napping.....

SVRT on the trim and some of my remaining M's Leather Conditioner on the seats. I did wipe the dust of the seat rails after I took this picture and put the floor mat back. Even though no one will see it I did put the cloth marks into the carpet for that finishing touch ala Adam from the DVD. :thumbsup:

So in the end I got the trunk and back seats done after being outside for well over three hours. I am the new King of Slackers. :loser:

Interiordetail9-19-10023Largee-mailview.jpg

Paul, that's a busy day!:lolsmack:

:lol::lol::lol:

I think your neighbor's car needs some Adam's!! :D

I ran in the house to get one of the DVDs but couldn't find one quick....ggggrrrrrr! I go in the office last night and find my coffee cup on a stack of four, nice coasters eh!

:( I dont know if I would of went a week with no wax on my car but I just worry about stupid stuff like that. I would of also probably washed it again with shampoo and not WW. I am happy withthe way my dawn wash results turned out with all the Adam's products and waxes.

well, it was in a closed garage from the time i finished drying it after the second wash to the time i pulled it out to dust off. i didn't open the garage during the week at all b/c its a detached one car garage at my apt complex. there was no reason to get it wet again for some dust; the california duster and WW took care of it no prob. :thumbsup:

Archived