Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using the five gallon jugs?

pdisme

Question

So I've got a five gallon detailing spray jug that I cracked open (literally, had to pop holes in it with a screw driver for breathing and to knock out the nozzle fitting) for the first time today. I'm finding the nozzle nearly useless for refilling the spray bottles. If you open it a little bit, you get a drizzle, if you open it enough so that it doesn't take ten minutes to fill the bottle, the liquid seems to come spray out from the edges of the nozzle, which happens to be the same diameter as the spray bottle neck, so you end up with detail spray everywhere. Short of a funnel, which I plan to go buy tomorrow, is there a trick to easily dispense from the five gallon to the spray bottles?

15 answers to this question

Yep I had the air inlet punched, the spicket just seems to have two settings, drizzle or blast. I got a funnel to solve the problem but am ordering the screw on nice funnel from Adams today so I don't have to try and manipulate three things at the same time to fill the bottle.

The only one of mine that I have to stand up is UCS, all the rest I leave horizontal.

If it is invisible, how do you know it's leaking? :lolsmack:

I keep mine upright. Don't want to risk spillage.

Edited by Tim

/\ Just remove the large cap that has the threads in the middle, and use a razor or something similar to cut a hole in the plastic behind where the threads are. After that just screw in the drain valve that Adam's supplied with it. The smaller cap, just unscrew it, poke a hole through the plastic under where the cap goes, then screw the cap back on. Good luck.