Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much wheel cleaner is too much?

lamb110

Question

For regular maintenance if they are not bad I still use a 3 to 1 mix of Car Shampoo and water along with one of the old foaming spray heads along with the wheel brush or lug brush and it works pretty good on most regular dirt.  

I'm very new to the Adams line . I have the wheel polish... And I have 20 inch polished wheels on my charger. I used probabally an ounce per wheel... And the wheel woolie. Since I have the polished wheel I just use polish after the wheel polish. And that keeps a lot of the brake dust off .. I just use a spritz on the caliper every wash... The best wheel cleaner on the market... Hands down

I'm guessing from the description that this wheel cleaner is not intended to be used every wash? Seems a little harsh to use this for something that'll easily wash off with soap and water, or am I wrong?  It kinda strikes me as like an Iron-X type product and seems like it's killing any wax/coating/sealant you may have on your wheels...no??  Seems you'd only want to use this for contaminants that really called for it.

I clean wheels thoroughly with WC and then apply a sealant (QS if available, PS, HGG). Subsequent washes I use diluted CS. Once the sealant wears out, it's time for WC again. (On my garaged Corvette nice weather driver that sees 3000 miles +/- per season it has been 18 months and the heavy coat of QS is still holding up!  :) )

Edited by LT1xL82

I cheap out on the wheel cleaner and my wheels are coated and sealed so my process is this:

1) Spray down the wheels with foam cannon (low power electric pressure washer) and then rinse.

2) wash wheels with all the cool brushes and soap and water (because detailing toys are fun)

3) Rinse off wheels

4) go after the stubborn stuff inside the wheel (if any )with a squirt of wheel cleaner and scrub it out

I figure the wheel cleaner will last a long time this way.

The exception was after the track day with racing brake pads installed.  That was some epic break dust, I ended up having to lightly spray down all the wheels after the initial wash and basically wash them twice.

I did this at first too, what I've switched to doing is, do the wheel cleaner as you've done. and use some H2O G&G or Liquid paint sealant to help keep dirt off of them and/or much easier to clean after. I just use some car shampoo and my wheel woolie!

Man I just saw this... the G&G tip for wheel use is brilliant!

Agreed, loving the tips here, I was doing like 4 to 5 sprays, mist, not the stream, starting at the top of the rim, but feel like I used a lot already. When you guys are applying h20, are you just reaching for areas you can get? Or are you taking the wheel off and fully coating it? I'm looking to get the wheel coating before the winter comes, as I'm in Illinois and the winter will be harsh I'm sure. In the meantime though, definitely trying to not run through the deep wheel cleaner so quick. With summer here, I'll try just the soap and h20 technique since I wash weekly anyways.