Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash & Wax

TR6speed

Question

I was just getting ready to place an order and one item I need is the standard shampoo.  I noticed the new Wash & Wax product and read about the use.  My question is, it says for best results spray a mist of Detail Spray on the wet car.  I have no problem, but what I have always done in to pull the car into my garage, then blow the excess water off and then spray the detail spray and do a finish dry and buff.  So with this I should not blow the excess water off first?

Also is this a replacement for the standard shampoo and can it be used as a regular car shampoo?  Can H2O Guard and Gloss be used with this or should it be used only with the original shampoo? 

Edited by TR6speed

15 answers to this question

I was just getting ready to place an order and one item I need is the standard shampoo. I noticed the new Wash & Wax product and read about the use. My question is, it says for best results spray a mist of Detail Spray on the wet car. I have no problem, but what I have always done in to pull the car into my garage, then blow the excess water off and then spray the detail spray and do a finish dry and buff. So with this I should not blow the excess water off first?

The DS is just for a drying aid, so you can still do it the same way. It's just for lubricating the towel, so you would still be doing that just after you blow off the excess water.

I was just getting ready to place an order and one item I need is the standard shampoo.  I noticed the new Wash & Wax product and read about the use.  My question is, it says for best results spray a mist of Detail Spray on the wet car.  I have no problem, but what I have always done in to pull the car into my garage, then blow the excess water off and then spray the detail spray and do a finish dry and buff.  So with this I should not blow the excess water off first?

The detail spray provides more lubrication to the rinses water that's still on the car after final rinse. It really makes the drying process more 'slick' and easier.

I would recommend it!

I view the new wash as a once a month shampoo since the silica protection lasts up to 4 months they say in the video. Why use a more expensive shampoo for regular maintence is my personal view. Im eager to see some reviews of the new wash and wax myself.

I'll be trying the new Wash and Wax tomorrow morning. My fiance's VW Tiguan needs a wash bad.  The last time I detailed it I applied Glaze and then Paint Sealant, which was a few months ago at least. I also have some buttery wax I haven't tried so I may top it with a layer of that or Americana that I just picked up as well???

post-382-0-04417200-1474152085_thumb.jpgpost-382-0-65377000-1474152097_thumb.jpg

I used the new wash and wax today. It smelled very good. I used a foam gun and noticed that the

amount of suds was less than the regular Adam's blue car wash. I used a bucket with a little of the wash and wax product as well to help clean my car. It has very high lubricity and cleaned very well.

It rinsed off very easily and did appear more slick feeling compared to the standard car soap.

I typically use Detail Spray as a drying aid and my car and the car dried very quickly with Adam's waffle towels. The new wash and wax seems like a good product to add to usual routine or to use from time to time. It did leave a very reflective shine as well.

Has anyone used Adam's Wash and Wax on cars with vinyl stripes?

I helped out Adams at the Mid-America Motor works Corvette Funfest last weekend and we washed several Corvettes with vinyl stripes using Wash and Wax in direct sunlight with no issues that I saw. When drying the cars I tend to wipe down the stripes first anyways to prevent any spotting.