Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber glove

• 3 months later...

I for one am pretty excited about this. Then again I think my wheels have 18 spokes each..... my hand is usually pretty worn out by the end lol so not having to hold a microfiber will really help me I believe

Edited by SlammedRT

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Doubt I'd use it. My fingers work fine with a micro in my hand. 

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm missing where it says these blue mitts are something that Adam's is going to carry.  

Now the wheel wash mitt, that I'm ordering and will use, especially on the Vette wheels.

??? interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm missing where it says these blue mitts are something that Adam's is going to carry.  

Now the wheel wash mitt, that I'm ordering and will use, especially on the Vette wheels.

I didn't see the blue microfiber mittens either on Adams, looks like they are designed for use with mini blinds with the intent to remove dust? The microfiber wheel mitt is going to get plenty of use. I am thinking it can be used as a stand alone fill in while doing Rinseless washes. Fill a bucket with a touch of CS, and use the mitt to clean the wheels/tire and keep a spray bottle to spray the CS off. Im excited about this wheel mitt lol :D

Edited by Red Rambler

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little surprised by the size of the glove. I have a pretty big hand (2XL in gloves) but it seemed to me the size was almost child/women small. Anyone else think this? I still think its going to be awesome and plan to use the tar out of it but almost wish it had sizes to choose from. Most notably was the index and thumb sizes. Where the glove connects those fingers must have been 4" short from my hand. The other fingers fit much better. I realize this is a one size fit all but just thought it was noticeably small.

1 hour ago, SlammedRT said:

I was a little surprised by the size of the glove. I have a pretty big hand (2XL in gloves) but it seemed to me the size was almost child/women small. Anyone else think this? I still think its going to be awesome and plan to use the tar out of it but almost wish it had sizes to choose from. Most notably was the index and thumb sizes. Where the glove connects those fingers must have been 4" short from my hand. The other fingers fit much better. I realize this is a one size fit all but just thought it was noticeably small.

I concur, just a little snug putting it on, once on it is fairly roomy. I did get the chance to use it this past weekend and it makes for quick work of cleaning wheels. It is a truly a great wheel glove. I am hopeful it loosens up after a few washes.

1 hour ago, Red Rambler said:

I concur, just a little snug putting it on, once on it is fairly roomy. I did get the chance to use it this past weekend and it makes for quick work of cleaning wheels. It is a truly a great wheel glove. I am hopeful it loosens up after a few washes.

Didn't think about it loosening up. I hope it does as well. Glad to hear it worked well. My hand was always dead after washing all my spokes. I am hopeful to use it tomorrow morning but the pollen around here is going into full affect. Still may to try some of the new things I have. Did it do well getting into tight spots? Thought the microfiber bands/braids? were a bit large and may hinder washing tight spots.

1 hour ago, SlammedRT said:

Didn't think about it loosening up. I hope it does as well. Glad to hear it worked well. My hand was always dead after washing all my spokes. I am hopeful to use it tomorrow morning but the pollen around here is going into full affect. Still may to try some of the new things I have. Did it do well getting into tight spots? Thought the microfiber bands/braids? were a bit large and may hinder washing tight spots.

I have a few tight spots on my wheels and it did fit very well into them. I thought the same thing as well, large microfiber bands, however I was pleasantly surprised how it very closely mimicked my bare hand in tight spots and also held plenty of suds. I am used to using a wash mitt so this is a huge improvement for me. Hopefully it will be equally as successful in between the tight spokes. I am curious about the longevity of it, however, its a $10 wheel mitt taking abuse every time its used.

Edited by Red Rambler

So I got to use the mitt Friday and man it is amazing. It cleaned all the tight nooks and cranny's very easily. Probably cut my time cleaning the wheels in half if not more. I attached a pic for reference if anyone is thinking about pulling the trigger I would highly recommend it.

IMG_0164.JPG

3 hours ago, Chonke said:

Would you say it replaces the wheel brush? I like how the brush works but every once in a while i keep bumping the wheel with the handle.

I never had Adams wheel brush because I have never had good experience with brushes. Seemed they always left the tight spaces a little dirty. I always just used a microfiber rag. But it is only $10 and I can promise you won't be disappointed with it.

Depending upon how dirty the wheels may be it could be used in place of the wheel brush or Wheel Woolies if the barrels aren't too bad.

I use it when the wheels are more of a "closed' design, similar to the ZR1 wheels on mine compared to a more "open" design like 5 spokes.

Use it as a tool "in addition" to others in your arsenal.

I would say to use it WITH the wheel brush, not as a replacement.  And I figure the reason it's a little snug is so it doesn't slide off your hand when it's heavy wet.  That could get old fast if you have to keep pulling at the glove or having to hold it tight with your other hand to keep it from sliding.  Just a guess. 

• 4 weeks later...