Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic boost?

fly4food84

Question

I've been using ceramic boost (sole protection) on my new 2018 F150 and it's amazingly slick and shiny!

Can I use it interchangeably with H2OGG? Do they play nice with each other or should I just stick with one over the other until one runs out?

Why no gallons or even 32 oz Ceramic Boost?

7 answers to this question

No harm in how they work, but ceramic boost can be finicky. It’s really designed to work on ceramic coatings. 

Personally, we’d stick with sealant, glaze and wax for lasting protection. Maintain that with guard and gloss. 

I see a lot of people wanting to use ceramic boost when there are better tools for the job. Choose the best one for your application. 

I decided to do a back to back comparison with H2O and Ceramic Boost. Two weeks ago i did a wash and dry with H2O and my metallic black paint looked amazing. H2O was easy to put on and take off with great results. Yesterday i washed and dried car. Then applied Ceramic Boost to my car..WOW the shine and depth is night and day in my option.. i don't have a ceramic coating applied. There is some debate on the use Ceramic Boost without the Ceramic coating, But I'm convinced on Boost as a stand alone product. My paint looks unbelievable. Both are amazing products..

39 minutes ago, Damon88 said:

I decided to do a back to back comparison with H2O and Ceramic Boost. Two weeks ago i did a wash and dry with H2O and my metallic black paint looked amazing. H2O was easy to put on and take off with great results. Yesterday i washed and dried car. Then applied Ceramic Boost to my car..WOW the shine and depth is night and day in my option.. i don't have a ceramic coating applied. There is some debate on the use Ceramic Boost without the Ceramic coating, But I'm convinced on Boost as a stand alone product. My paint looks unbelievable. Both are amazing products..

Good for you.  I did this comparison last year on my Tahoe.  1side was GnG and the other side was CB.  I prefer the GnG for various reasons.  But its great to have done the testing and glad you are happy.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:29 AM, Damon88 said:

So in your experience the Boost is a better performer in every way than the H2O? The thing that sets H2O above just about any other sealant is that I can mist my car with it monthly when drying it and boom another month or two of protection and shine is in place with no extra step...I'd be misting DS on and drying anyways.  But for a garage queen, Ceramic Boost may be worth the extra step.  Is it more hydrophobic and slick than H2O? 

Both have their place, but I prefer the HGG. Top 3 reasons: 1) it can be applied to all surfaces (including glass, unlike the Boost), 2) it's a 2-in-1 process (dry and seal...I'm lazy sometimes!), and 3) the smell (grape vs pistachio).