Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery Wax & Paint Sealant

BlackCadi14

Question

Can I apply both or is there no need to apply both and just use one or the other???

I am looking to get everything I need to over haul my car.  I want it to shine.  I have BG at home already.  I am planning on getting the swirls out of the hood and few other places I can see, and then I wanted to make sure I apply some type of finish wax to it.  I want it to last

What is the process for buttery wax and Paint Sealant?

I know this maybe a silly question but I'm a rookie in the pro leagues.   

4 answers to this question

Paint Sealant will last up to 6 months (depending on a lot of factors).  Buttery Wax will last a couple of months.  Recommended layering is to put the Sealant down first and the Wax over top.  That way you get the protection and longevity of the sealant as well as the deep look of the wax.

With protection you will get the 6 months or so out of your paint sealant, thou it really depends on a lot of factors, basics are do you park primarily inside or outside, how much do you drive, where do you live, where do you park at work? Whats around at work. Those are just some basics to determining actual length but your eyes will tell you the real story very easily. 

As for buttery, I personally find it to be a great product and a great way to spend a few minutes with your car giving it some love for not a lot of money. I cant say I have ever gotten long term protection from it, in my case driving close to 1k miles per week I get a couple weeks maybe 3 on the long side. It doesnt build up thou like a lot of waxes do so its safe to put multiple layers down without much worry. 

On 5/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, BlackCadi14 said:

I want it to last

What is the process for buttery wax and Paint Sealant?

I know this maybe a silly question but I'm a rookie in the pro leagues.   

Just ran across this thread looking for something else.

If "I want it to last" is an important criteria then buttery is the wrong product to be top coating with. The LPS would be a good place to start but buttery would not be my choice unless you enjoy waxing monthly.  Consider a wax coat with more durability.

Edited by rrmccabe