Customer Service 866.965.0400

What not to use after Ceramic Coating?

HustonGraphics

Question

Planning on correcting and coating my black mega-cab this weekend.   After ceramic coating are there any Adams products I should not continue using?  (Detail Spray, Spray Wax, Glaze, Etc)  I usually dry with the master blaster and wipe down with detail spray or the spray wax after washing.  After the ceramic coating should I just use ceramic boost and nothing else? 

Thanks!   

7 answers to this question

I use either the Matte Detail Spray or Ceramic Boost after I have dried my ceramic coated truck. I also use the Ceramic Paste Wax over top of the coating from time to time. Since your truck will be coated you do not have to use carnauba based products anymore.

Brilliant Glaze is one of my favorite products for that extra exterior Pop, interior windows, mirrors - bathroom included and stainless steel appliances. 

I just put Ceramic Wax on the Mustang, which is not coated, and went over the wax with Brilliant Glaze and it gave it that extra Pop that I was hoping for.  Brilliant Glaze doesn't last long on the outside, but it sure makes the vehicle look great for the weekend. 

You can use any of those products but you'll get the water beading/sheet characteristics of that product and not as much the ceramic. None of the listed price it will harm the coating and may temporarily add some gloss or depth but honestly not much more than you will after having corrected and coating your truck.  

If you like how ceramic beads/sheets water then I would stick with Boost or Ceramic paste wax.  If you'd like to wipe it down with Detail Spray that's fine as well, you'll just have reduced hydrophobic properties in my experience.

I wouldn’t use any of those products.  You will have spent good money and a ton of time to reap the benefits of a ceramic coating.  You will have tons of gloss and your washing/drying process should be noticeable easier.  Use boost once

a month and be done with it.  Sit back and enjoy the coating.

If you want to constantly rub on your car with other products then don’t do the coating.

Because of their composition, ceramic coatings play best with other silica-based products. As @blcksilv08 said, that's either the Ceramic Paste Wax or Ceramic Boost (layered in that order). The Wash & Wax is also a great option for maintenance washes as it's really not a wax, it actually contains silica. 

While I agree with everything said here and follow that practice, don't overthink it.  Don't let it sway you or scare you away from using the right tool for the right job.  Waterless Wash is still an amazing, go-to product for touch up jobs and cleaning.  It also won't leave anything on the surface to detract from whatever your top layer is (boost, ceramic wax, coating, etc).  DS is still the perfect product for touch up spots here and there; removing fingerprints or something from a small area, dust, etc.  I don't use DS over the whole car nor as a drying aid, but it still has it's place in my "toolbox" and I use it.  It also will not detract from your top layer.