Customer Service 866.965.0400

CB + SW

Wk2Altitude15

Question

Lately ive really been liking the combination of washing with WW and then after drying using CB 2.0 as a standalone sealant on my non-coated paint. Question is should you put the SW down before the CB or vice versa? I always thought you top with wax but it seems now people are putting the wax down first and then sealing in. Anyones take on this? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Agreed with @shane@detailedreflections. No benefit to both of those, and different product families (silica and carnauba) where the Spray Wax may adversely affect hydrophobic properties of the Ceramic Boost. Not to say you can't use both, but you may not be pleased with the overall results. Give it a test, though, if you'd like. It won't hurt anything.

To address your point on layering, to work properly, sealants (and ceramics) need to bond to the paint, while waxes (and glazes) do not. As a general rule, you should apply the most durable layer first (Ceramic Boost, in this case), and then layer other products if you want. Again, nothing says you can't put a wax down before a sealant, but to get the most benefit of the products and their purpose, you shouldn't.

Here's more:

Hi @Wk2Altitude15

@shane@detailedreflections and @falcaineer have pointed out you are look at two different product families and there is no benefit to mixing them.  I have found that for the wife's daily driver that sits in the garage, a Waterless Wash follow by Spray Wax keeps it looking good.  The Spray Wax is easy to apply, looks great and the ease to work with it is the same in 40 degree weather as it is in 90 and the humidity doesn't seem to matter either.   According where she's driven, I touch up her car every week or so, sometimes just using Detail Spray and other times WW + SW.  If we are going out and I want it to really pop, I'll go over it with Brilliant Glaze. 

My truck has Ceramic Boost on it and it sits outside 24/7 and is my daily driver.  I wash it as often as I can and it might be a week or unfortunately a month between washes.  If it has been a month, then I use CB 2.0 after it has been dried.  I'll also point out that I just changed my routine for the truck based on feedback from @Dan@Adams who let me know that my technique was not optimal and it should be wiped off immediately after application, so if you see any of my older posts about CB and waiting a couple of minutes to wipe it off - ignore it.   For the night out or trip to a show, you can still top CB with Brilliant Glaze and it will really make it pop.  Just remember, Brilliant Glaze is short term no matter what you are putting it on.

The key to any getting any vehicle look good is the preparation.  Once you have the vehicle clean, the routine maintenance is easier and a lot more fun.  Enjoy the addiction.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, RayS said:

Hi @Wk2Altitude15

@shane@detailedreflections and @falcaineer have pointed out you are look at two different product families and there is no benefit to mixing them.  I have found that for the wife's daily driver that sits in the garage, a Waterless Wash follow by Spray Wax keeps it looking good.  The Spray Wax is easy to apply, looks great and the ease to work with it is the same in 40 degree weather as it is in 90 and the humidity doesn't seem to matter either.   According where she's driven, I touch up her car every week or so, sometimes just using Detail Spray and other times WW + SW.  If we are going out and I want it to really pop, I'll go over it with Brilliant Glaze. 

My truck has Ceramic Boost on it and it sits outside 24/7 and is my daily driver.  I wash it as often as I can and it might be a week or unfortunately a month between washes.  If it has been a month, then I use CB 2.0 after it has been dried.  I'll also point out that I just changed my routine for the truck based on feedback from @Dan@Adams who let me know that my technique was not optimal and it should be wiped off immediately after application, so if you see any of my older posts about CB and waiting a couple of minutes to wipe it off - ignore it.   For the night out or trip to a show, you can still top CB with Brilliant Glaze and it will really make it pop.  Just remember, Brilliant Glaze is short term no matter what you are putting it on.

The key to any getting any vehicle look good is the preparation.  Once you have the vehicle clean, the routine maintenance is easier and a lot more fun.  Enjoy the addiction.

Thank you everyone for the great answers , sorry i didn't realize these answers until now in April. Usually i dont do anything other that the CB after a wash ( Wash & Wax 7% Sio2) but for that day i tried it out to see how it would be and of course there was a killer gloss to it. But to save product i wont follow the CB with SW anymore.