Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from El Paso

Howdy everyone! I’m here to learn about Adam’s products and how to best use them. We have a used black 2018 Escalade that is in desperate need of claying, scratch removal and waxing. I would invest in the equipment if I felt I wouldn’t damage the paint. And it being a black vehicle has me even more on edge. Thoughts?

Hi Mike, Welcome! Adams has an amazing selection of products to help you clean, correct and protect your paint. They have really made products that are diy friendly. And this forum is a great place for people to share tips and experiences with you.

Let us see some pictures of the scratches and contamination on the paint? That might give us a better idea of what it is you need.

I can start off by saying that Detailing has become something that I (and probably the majority of people on here) look forward to. It started off as a need to maintain my vehicle, now it's what I like to do to get away. Adams has done a great job of making my experience enjoyable as a detailer. I understand what you're saying, and I believe that Adam's has a great system to get you amazing results without damaging your vehicle. I can make a few basic recommendations based on what you provided so far - hope this helps:

Use a safe shampoo for washing the car. Car Shampoo is a great place to start. If you have a pressure washer and are interested in foaming your vehicle, take a look at the Ultra Foam shampoo. Make sure you have a safe wash pad or microfiber washmitt for the actual wash. And I would highly suggest getting high quality microfiber towels for many different steps in the process. It's common that people will use whatever towels are available for drying their vehicle. That's a big mistake that I made in the past causing damage to my paint.

In terms of clay, my favorite right now is the Visco clay bar, but since you have a space ship, you may want to go with the Clay Mitt. It will help cover more area quicker. Make sure to use a lubricant Detail Spray is a great product to use for Claying, also for so many different things. Adam's detail spray is what made me start detailing.

For paint correction/scratch treatment, take a look at the Polishing options that Adams has. If you're a beginner this will be a lot to take in, so maybe start by watching some of their videos to see how their process works. they also have a good youtube channel.

For protection, I will point you to the link below to understand a little bit about what we're looking at. It's up to personal preference. I would recommend Ceramic Coating your vehicle if it's your daily driver. That's what I've done with mine, and protection is still visible and evident many months later. IF that seems like too much of a process, I would suggest using the Ceramic Paste Wax.

I have a black Equinox and had a black Vette in the past.  Been using a polisher for several years now and have never, ever done any damage to the paint.   By hand too.  Never any issues with swirls or paint damage with Adam's, and I can't in all honesty that that was true with other products I used on past cars before Adam's. That's part of the reason I remain brand loyal.