Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black trim conditioning

Tricksey

Question

I have no idea what to use here I have an Acura RDX that has black trim underneath the door frames, I am assuming waxing it probably isn't a good idea but I am at a total loss what to use to protect it?  Thank you in advance!!

6 answers to this question

My wife has the same car and I just did the full ceramic spray over the entire car including black trim pieces. I cleaned it with tire and rubber cleaner first and then wiped it down with isopropyl alcohol really well. Be sure to use a second clean rag right after the isopropyl. Then topped it ceramic spray. Looks amazing and beads water like crazy. 

Now if the trim is turning gray you’ll need to use black trim restorer before the ceramic spray. 

On 8/24/2019 at 12:16 AM, Tricksey said:

I have no idea what to use here I have an Acura RDX that has black trim underneath the door frames, I am assuming waxing it probably isn't a good idea but I am at a total loss what to use to protect it?  Thank you in advance!!

Waxing is definitely NOT a good idea. Depending on the condition of the plastic, level of effort you want to invest, and length of protection you're looking to enjoy, VRT, Black Trim Restorer, Ceramic Spray Coating, and Ceramic Trim Coating are all potentially suitable.