Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Kit

TR6speed

Question

I purchased the Ceramic Spray Coating Kit after watching a video Adam did on a daily driver.  I now have a few questions.  First, I understood that this was a simply application (not counting the prep work).  I just read a post on it being sticky after application and concern about dust sticking to the finish.  Replies said not to worry if in a garage and to let id cure for 24 hours.  Was this in reference to the Spray Ceramic.  Next question is how long can I expect this to last if the boost is used.  I was planning to do the wife's car (2018 Equinox) that is garage kept and we are both retired so it is again not sitting in a parking lot at work for 8-9 hours a day.  The main reason is I hate to admit it, but I don't spend a lot of time taking care of it as I do my car.  I was planning to do both cars, but I am having second thoughts on mine.  I actually find it enjoyable to keep my car in show condition, so I may skip doing mine and stick to my standard Adams product line of products.

This is my car with nothing but standard Adams products.  I did a complete detail in May which consisted of clay, correction and finish polish, Brilliant Glaze and finished with a coat of Patriot Wax.  Since then I have only used detail spray and spray Wax.

20190111_143445_resized.jpg

4 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

I purchased the Ceramic Spray Coating Kit after watching a video Adam did on a daily driver.  I now have a few questions.  First, I understood that this was a simply application (not counting the prep work).  I just read a post on it being sticky after application and concern about dust sticking to the finish.  Replies said not to worry if in a garage and to let id cure for 24 hours.  Was this in reference to the Spray Ceramic.  Next question is how long can I expect this to last if the boost is used.  I was planning to do the wife's car (2018 Equinox) that is garage kept and we are both retired so it is again not sitting in a parking lot at work for 8-9 hours a day.  The main reason is I hate to admit it, but I don't spend a lot of time taking care of it as I do my car.  I was planning to do both cars, but I am having second thoughts on mine.  I actually find it enjoyable to keep my car in show condition, so I may skip doing mine and stick to my standard Adams product line of products.

This is my car with nothing but standard Adams products.  I did a complete detail in May which consisted of clay, correction and finish polish, Brilliant Glaze and finished with a coat of Patriot Wax.  Since then I have only used detail spray and spray Wax.

Hi Jack, so no, that thread you read about the dust sticking is in reference to the traditional Ceramic Paint Coating. I believe the cure time for Ceramic Spray coating is only 4 hours, it should say so on your bottle. Ceramic Spray Coating should last around 6-8 months. Probably closer to 8 months if properly maintained and since you mentioned it mainly stays in the garage.

It sounds like this is going to be your first Ceramic Coating application, is that correct?

3 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Hi Jack, so no, that thread you read about the dust sticking is in reference to the traditional Ceramic Paint Coating. I believe the cure time for Ceramic Spray coating is only 4 hours, it should say so on your bottle. Ceramic Spray Coating should last around 6-8 months. Probably closer to 8 months if properly maintained and since you mentioned it mainly stays in the garage.

It sounds like this is going to be your first Ceramic Coating application, is that correct?

Yes, this will be my first ceramic coating.  I have read and seen professionally coated cars and while it looks great, it is also very expensive, plus I was not sure I wanted to go that far.  While her car has some minor paint issues it is in better shape then when we first picked it up a little over a year ago from the dealer.  Her car seemed like a perfect candidate for this.  I received the kit a few weeks ago and have not really looked at it as I live in Florida and I am waiting for the cooler weather before I do the job.  I will read the instructions as well as a review of th video once more.

Thanks.

Hi Jack,

I recently did a pickup with the Ceramic Spray Coating and was very impressed with the results.  The vehicle was new, so it needed minimal correction, especially since the dealer was told not to wash it when it arrived.   My wife's garage queen, 2019 Terrain Denali will be getting Coated and there is a vote going on on this forum about which vehicle will get CSC this weekend other than the wife's.   I'll also admit that the wife's vehicle only requires a 1/4 of the time spent compared to me, although she most certainly knows that it is because I take such good care of it, that it doesn't need much extra effort.

As for your car, I have went from Patriots to Ceramic Paste Wax on everything except show cars.  Absolutely love the way CPW looks, goes on, lasts and keep the crud off.  I personally think that CPW topped with Brilliant Glaze looks better than Patriots, but that is just my opinion.  CPW will last 6+ months with for an outside vehicle with regular maintenance and if you decide that you want to take it to the next level CSC would be the way to go and you'll have experience from doing your wife's Equinox. 

Try the Ceramic Spray Coating if you don't want to go the whole way into a full ceramic job.  I tried it on my black Equinox on the hood for a test run.  Liked the ease of use, so went ahead and did the whole car.  Wash, clay, polish,ceramic.  Couldn't be happier that I did it.  So impressed that I went  ahead and did my Vette as well,  stripes included.  Both cars are garaged, and I'm retired too.   And I use the Ceramic Boost to keep it looking  good.  Actually had a guy jump out of his car at a stoplight and ask what I use on the Equinox.  He actually said "Damn that's shiny!".  :lolsmack: