Customer Service 866.965.0400

Smaht Pahk...

tlbullet

Anybody else cringe watching the Hyundai smaht pahk commercial last night???  I couldnt be the only Adams member.!!!!
  I was thinking...  Great invention....but how the heck do the other drivers get back into their cars with smashing the crap out of your door????

For those who didnt catch it...Hyundai has something called smart park (they did it with a Boston accent) ..if you find a parking spot at the mall which would be too tight to pull into and actually open up u car doors to exit....u exit ur car before parking...then hit some button and the car pulls into the space..door handle to door handle.  Except the parking spot is sooo tight that either car next to u can open their doors. 
       Nice looking car I might add.

I actually went online to see if it was a joke.

Nope its real folks!

please tell me im not the only one!!

I know that if my car couldn't fit into a space near other cars and get the door opened, it wouldn't be parked there.

However, the technology sure would have been great when I used to have put cars in trailers and get them out.  More than once I had to go in or come out through a window with some of the bigger cars.  Latching the vehicles down was not a problem since the trailer had a front door, it was just getting them in and out that was the challenge.

59 minutes ago, RayS said:

I know that if my car couldn't fit into a space near other cars and get the door opened, it wouldn't be parked there.

However, the technology sure would have been great when I used to have put cars in trailers and get them out.  More than once I had to go in or come out through a window with some of the bigger cars.  Latching the vehicles down was not a problem since the trailer had a front door, it was just getting them in and out that was the challenge.

Agreed!!!  .  Only reason i would see a need for that is trailering cars (pretty sure not many people tow hyundai’s) ...or squeezing 3 cars into a 2 car garage!

16 hours ago, TheWolf said:

It would be a nice feature for people who have small garages or too much stuff in the garage which makes parking tight. 

My daughter!   They have a small one car garage attached to their house,  shelving with kids junk in the back, my son in law's workbench on one side, and garbage cans on the other side, all inside.  Their brand new Explorer has about 5 inches to spare on the driver's side, just enough that one of them can pull it out for everyone else to get into.  Tight fit!