Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just saying Hi!

sprzout

Hi all!

I'm a SoCal car owner out of North County San Diego who has gone through multiple cars and some hobby level car detailing, and thanks to the Autopia forums, found out about Adam's products.

I've just recently purchased a new to me dark grey 2016 Mini Countryman S, and my wife has a forest green 2016 Fiat 500X that I'm trying to keep cleaned and maintained properly. I've been pointed to a few detailing tools with Adam's products, and figure I'll give it a shot and see how things work!

I've done the two bucket method before, own a Porter Cable DA polisher that's around 15 years old (and still works fine for the limited use I have nowadays - my apartment complex frowns on me using it in our carport, so I have to visit my senior citizen parents and utilize their garage to do a good DA polish until I can afford a Flex cordless), and I'm just looking for something else to try since I've gone the Meguiar's route and found it...I dunno, just not as good on my newer cars as it was on my previous cars. I dunno if it's due to paint formulas changing, or environmental changes (I've moved from a dusty, dry, inland area to the coast, with lots of salt air and a bit more humidity than before), but I'm looking for something new to try. 

The other big thing that's led me to look at Adam's products is that they have a retail store in Anaheim, which is about an hour north of me and in my old stomping grounds - I used to work in Tustin, CA, so getting around on the 5, 55, 57, 91, and 22 freeways are all pretty much a known factor for me. I figure I can come up and do my shopping, and then the wife can go to the antique mall in Orange and look around once things open back up from COVID. Nice little road trip for the two of us, right?

Hi Doug,

Sounds like you have a couple of fun little projects.  Based on your limited ability for polishing and deep cleaning in your currently location along with the salt factor, you might want to consider the Ceramic Spray Coating. I've done 6 vehicles with with, plus the golf cart and love the looks and how easy the are to keep clean.

Funny you should say that...The dealership did a "ceramic sealant" on the car (I know it was some smoke and mirrors stuff, but it was basically the cost of a pro detailing, and the car needed some care anyway to get the sealant on. It's helping to keep my car clean, and easier to maintain.

I'm definitely going to need to do a good wash, clay, and try a coating on my wife's car. Hers is filthy - we had a weird light rain recently, and it was JUST enough to turn whatever dust was in the air and on the car into that really thin muddy complexion instead of washing it off. Her car was never really treated with a good ceramic coating or even a really good wax; I just haven't had good product to use on it. The last stuff I used on it was some Meguiar's Mirror Glaze, but it wasn't very good - it had separated out a bit and I couldn't really get it shaken up. The stuff was old and probably should have been tossed.

So, that's part of why I'm here - to look at what else is out there that might do the job for me. :)

Welcome Doug! 

The Porter Cable DA polisher is fine (I still have one too), but I would recommend changing to the smaller 5.5" pads and backing plate.  They work better with the PC's power than the older, larger 6+" pads.