Customer Service 866.965.0400

Replacing All Kitchen Appliances

galaxy

Ready to re-do the kitchen and replacing all my appliances (fridge, dishwasher, microwave, stove/oven).  If it matters, going all stainless.  But my question is this...I'd like to stick with one brand, if possible, just so it all matches as best as possible.  Is there fan favorite out there, or a good way to go?  Any brands to stay away from?

Haven't bought appliances decades and I'll take whatever feedback you guys have.

Hi Jon,

A few years ago the wife and I replaced a couple items and we did go with two brands simple because we could not get the options we wanted with one brand.   The appliances are all stainless and I will recommend the Adam's Stainless Steel Cleaner, it works wonders.

Going with the big two investments, the refrigerator is a side by side with a bottom freezer and door in door along with water and ice in the other door.  It was pricey, but sure is nice and the only model we found that had exactly what we wanted was LG.  Don't forget that you also need to make sure you have the right opening for the the refrigerator.  Older houses had smaller areas setup and options vary according to the size of the Fridge.  We did have a parts failure with the LG refrigerator that was covered 100% including labor by LG.  Failures are going to happen sometimes, it is how the company takes care of you is what really matters and LG absolutely took care of quickly and professionally with one phone call.

The dishwasher is a Bosch, it has the adjustable racks for large items and settings for small loads.  It is so quiet that unless you look at the front panel for the lights, you'd never know it is running.  We have not had any problems with the dishwasher.

We have one of the ovens that is small and built into the wall, the stove top is separate and takes up a different area of the counter and the microwave is built in above the oven.  We both dislike the oven and the stove, but it has nothing to do with the actual equipment, it is the kitchen itself and we're going to replace the oven and stove top when we redo the kitchen.  For the replacement equipment we have found some that we like from Bosch.   

We bought a Kenmore (Sears brand) fridge right when they were going out of business a couple years ago. The fridge is branded Kenmore, but made by LG.  We have several LG products and have had real good success with them. Top fridge, one door, 33 " wide (or small), but it's huge inside and buying a top fridge was the best decision ever. I was forever banging my head any time I went to get anything out of the old fridge with the freezer on top. Never again.  Our tv is an LG plasma!  That's how old it is and it still works great. One thing neither of us like is stainless for our kitchen.  We have only had white  for the last 30 years or so, and Harvest Gold before that (that was the color in the 70's) .  White is the only color that looks right in our little house. Kitchen is a little dark, so stainless would just make it darker. But anyhow, if we ever move to a better kitchen, stainless would be our option.  LG makes some darn good products.  We're looking to get a new dishwasher.  I will definitely look into a Bosch.  We need something quiet!!

And you're right, the stainless cleaner is great. I use it on my grill and on the toaster oven.  Good stuff!  

I don't know if this is the right approach or not, and thus I'll continue to do homework, but I thought about starting with the fridge and going from there (since initially I'd like everything to match).  My favorite fridge so far is a Samsung.  They have a bottom freezer set up that has French doors for the fridge AND the freezer, and I love it.  May need to do homework on the other Samsung appliances though.  I currently have a Samsung fridge that's 15+ years old and the ice maker finally stopped making ice.  Other than that....