Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless wash vs CS3 vs Ceramic Coating Spray

Banyar

Question

Hi Guys. 
I have a well maintained 1yr old car (with just very little swirl marks). I recently moved and won’t have easy access to a hose to do a routine wash/wax monthly any more. 
i am looking at Adams products and have a few questions. 

I am thinking about waterless wash spray for touch up cleaning and followed by CS3.  Since CS3 also cleans, is waterless wash prior to CS3 overkill? 

As for the ceramic coating spray, would it be ok to use it ok unclayed or polished paint after waterless wash (or even after CS3).  

thanks in advance. 
~Ban 

5 answers to this question

If you are looking into waterless washes, you should also consider Rinseless washes.  It’s kind of in between a Hose and bucket wash, and a waterless wash.  Good for when your car might be a tad too dirty for just waterless. There’s a few ways to perform it, but I always use the “bucket of towels” method.  Plus you can dilute the product to make a waterless wash type spray.  Rinseless is my favorite product.  I’ve done rinseless and CS3 a few times, and it might be my new go to combo. If they can come out with Rinseless with the same tech as CS3, it would be awesome.

First, welcome! Here's a video that should help answer your question and more.

I'll try briefly, though... Using WW and CS3 is redundant for cleaning, but CS3 adds shine and protection the WW by itself doesn't.

Ceramic Spray Coating is a true coating, and needs completely bare paint or an existing Coating to bond properly. That said, while not optimal and not recommended, yes, you can apply Ceramic Spray Coating to a non-clayed or polished vehicle. But your paint will not be smooth, will not look its best (true shine comes from proper paint correction, the rest is enhancement and protection), nor will you see the longest and best performance from the coating. At the very least, I would recommend you strip wash it to remove any wax or sealant, and clay to decon the paint. Do not apply CS3 before the coating.

Find a local self serve car wash. The kind with the brick wall stalls. Go there late in the evening or early morning. Be prepared to be working for 2 to 4 hours.  You can do a full wash and rinse. Rinse the car. Follow with an iron remover spray rinse the car.  Then clay the car in the bay. Rinse and towel dry. Then follow by a prep spray with towels, usually an alchol based spray. Find a spray ceramic and coat your car. From then on unless your car is quite dirty you can waterless wash or rinse less wash. The spray coatings last around 1 year so depending where you live you may do this in spring for harsher hot places or fall for the cold harsh winters. If you're not quite ready for alllll that. I'd say wash your car at a car wash once per month follow up with CS3. Then waterless wash once a week to maintain.