Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bugatti Veyron on the Block

Nordgrey

I know there's lots here who love fantastic cars, other than their own of course!

Tonight on the Barrett Jackson auction on Speed a 2008 Bugatti Veyron will go on the auction block for the first time ever without a reserve price. MSRP, $1.8 million. Top speed 253 mph.:bow:

Oh and they are going to follow it with a Mclaren SLR Mercedes........ nothing like ending the show with a bang!

Should be on around 8:30 eastern for those, like me that are addicted to this auction.

Wow, a Bugatti on the block, good for BJ!! I heard that at open throttle, the car drinks a tank of gas in 10-15 minutes.

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs125ry4XAY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

:burnout:

It is a fine example of engineering. However for the price of that car I would by an Aston Martin DBS, an Audi S8, A F 450 pickup, Corvette ZR1, F-150 Raptor, a Lotus Exige, a Lamborghini Gallardo, a house with a garage to store them and a few other toys. I bet the maintence on all of those would be cheaper then the Veyron.

True enough, but if you are in the position to be able to buy a Veyron, you can afford it AND everything you listed.

For me it is not just about the stunning engineering accomplishment this car represents, it's that the folks behind this set themselves an almost impossible goal line of making a modern evolution of one of the most iconic cars ever. And they did it! This is a car worthy of that grill.

It would be like a company deciding that they are going to resurrect the Duesenberg line for the extreme in luxury cars.

Yeah, that was pretty wild....... Glad that Craig Jackson wound up with it, he taking lessons from Adam about stepping up? The guy who was bidding on it???? He came across as a two or maybe even three popped collar kinda guy to me......LOL

Archived