Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lets See Those Detailed Engine Compartments

Chris@Adams

Question

No B4 pics but here's my Hoe's engine bay after a detail [pics from a previous thread]

Engine Compartment Steps.

Sprayed - while engine was COLD - VERY lightly with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner [left to stand for about two minutes]

Hosed with water trickling gently

Dried easy-to-get-to parts with Big Blues

Immediately ran engine at idle for about 5-6 minutes with hood closed to address any standing water

Gave another quick wipe down with the big blues

Gave generous application with Adam's In & Out Spray

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

Looks great Ed :rockon:

A leaf blower works great for drying in the engine compartment too, great for the hard to reach places.

Truth be told, I used a leaf blower for many years with great success. Then, fairly recently, my Stihl handheld leaf blower packed it in and while using it on the wife's car after a wash, it blew oil all over the vehicle in small spurts. It was almost dusk at the completition and I didn't notice it at the time as the vehicle's also black.

Suffice to say, had my work cut out the next morning when I went outside.

I really don't want to experience that again.

PS: Thank God I used a quality car wash soap as the oil came right off with next to no effort. An OTC wash soap may have had my work cut out for me a lot more.

electric leaf blowers dont have that issue!

although I have a gas Craftsman, luckily the exhaust is not outputted through the blower itself, but in a downward direction, but still not happy with the possibility of still introducing the oily exhaust near the car..